Results of K-Pax Synergy Trial

Posted , 6 users are following.

This study combined the use of generic Ritalin and a mitochondrial support nutrient formula. They found no significant different between the group taking the Ritalin and formula, and the group taking the placebo. Further research will be done using this treatment approach.

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I just looked them up. I can't take Ritalin because I suffer from severe anxiety and there are warnings against taking it if you have that. I found some mitochondrial support nutrient formulas and they're too expensive for me.

I've been taking Rhodiola Rosea for a few weeks for mitochondrial support in tablet form. Also a new herb I've been taking Damiana tincture for it's anti depressant and energising properties. It's early days but I can feel them doing something and they're more affordable.

• Posted

I've been taking Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg morning and evening, I find that helps the muscle pain and weakness.
    • Posted

Evening Primrose oil is very good Pixie. I've never planted it in my garden but it grows in it most years; must be blown in from someone else's garden. It's so beautiful and I'll harvest it this year if it grows and if I have the energy. razz
  • Posted

Hi Jackie, yeah the preliminary results were really disappointing. Placebo being nearly as effective.
    • Posted

Clinical trials are susceptible to all kinds of variables, too many to mention. This is only one trial; other trials may prove them effective, who knows? That's why I looked into ritalin and mitrochondial support nutritional formula.

I'm hearing more and more about the mitrochndria in ME and as well as Rhodiola Rosea I'm going to find out other herbs and foods that help on this level.

I'm just saying to not be disappointed when a study doesn't prove something to be effective David because there are numerous things that can help us. razz

• Posted

Oh trust me Georgia, i am actively working on the whole situation. I know from past experience as an athlete rhodiola DOES work, at least for me it did as described, BUT during my CFS it has not proven to be effective in any way. Look into using cordyceps. Not much has been effective for me supplement wise, but i don't see my situation as hopeless. With regards to Synergy, i guess when the FULL results are released sometime later this year we can make up our minds to be more certain about it.
    • Posted

Yes I know you are David! I just felt sad when you said you were disappointed with the trial. Life feels disappointing for us doesn't it. We never expected this, and after 10 years of it I still can't believe it! eek

I have to hang onto hope. What an illness! This and others like it must be just about the only illnesses where we're forced to turn into our own researchers, doctors, counsellors, and carers!!!! 

I'll look into cordceps but can you tell me anything about it?

Have you tried Damiana because that really seems to be doing something for me. I feel as though there's a bit more energy at a cellular level. As I said above it's early days but it's a herb I plan on taking long term. I've tried many and some I stick to.

• Posted

cordyceps is chinese medicine nourishes the kidneys and is a balaned yin and yang jing tonic to life essence. What i believe CFS/ME is for many (not all) people is essentially life force depletion, whether by being born with low life essence or using it too rapidly in life, as in my case. ONLY by taking particular tonic herbs can we replenish this essence, and eating well is mandatory. Research TCM theory and chronic fatigue.
    • Posted

I believe that I'm one of the ones who used it too rapidly because I was born with an immense amount of energy!

Chinese herbs are harder and more expensive than Western ones; where do you get it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.