Results of mri- demyelination and lesions any ideas?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I've just had results of mri brain and spine scan from the gp. Lesions were seen and he said it's demyelination. Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Demyelination is basically an antigen that eats at the nerve sheathes, causing wide symptoms.  How old are you?  Many people have lesions in their brain that never cause problems.  A gap is not the doc you need to be seeing.  Take your Mri to a neurologist to get accurate information and what you can do and expect. A gap is not an expert in anything but the sniffles. 😎
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I'm 42 and I have a neuro appt in August. My gp requested the mri that's why the results went back to him. It's the waiting game that frustrates me .
  • Posted

Helen,  yeah, the waiting is hard, but just try not to obsess about it til then.  Are you having headaches and if so, what other symptoms are you having? Hang in there. 😎
    • Posted

Hi yes I do have headaches. Other symptoms are:

Numbness down my left side

Pins and needles in hands and feet

Fatigue

Pains in left arm

Blurred vision but only for a few seconds

• Posted

Helen,  I have no idea what is wrong with you but would love for you to keep us updated once you see the neuro.  Good luck, girl.  I'll be thinking of you. 😎

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.