RESULTS OF MRI SCAN

Posted , 12 users are following.

Have results from MRI scan, sequences reqd.T1 and T2 axial, T2 sagittal,FLAIR coronalo,DW1,ADCmap and SW1

Findings. non specific hyperintense foci are present in the cerebral subcortical white matter. no perilsional oedema or mass effect

these are likely due to represent small vessel ischaemic changes

Craniocervical junction appears normal, the paranasal sinuses are clear, clusters of fluid/debris in the left middle ear-mastoid process

MRI Spine cervical.

acquired T1andSTIRsagittal, T2sagittal and axial

findings. normal app of the craniocervical junction, cervical lordosis is effaced

intervertebral discs at C5-C6-7 demonstrates subtle circumferential bulge.no radicular compromise.

The spinal canalis of normal dimensions, cervical and upper thoracic spinal cord appears normal

impression. no evidenceof radiculopathy

So the doctor is not worried and gave me voltorol to rub in my muscles, said all blood tests normal no indication of GCA, and when i asked about the bubble wrap noise and pain etc he just said, sorry its muscle pain.

So when i see the rhymi on wednesday do i tell him this, iam having pain in temple, neck shoulders arms, feet etc is the doc right do i only have RA and not PMR this has been going on for five years, where am i going, crawling up steps to bed again last night, pain every where, sorry to ramble, but i feel so low pain 24/7 is not fun.Still on 9mg of pred will not go lower till i see my rhymi.

My hubby thinks iam paroniod, am i ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Margaret, anyone who has not suffered with PMR does not understand. Thank God we can all talk with each other. It not an easy journey but we all get there. Try an stay positive. 🙂

• Posted

I spent years living with lower back pain. This was well before my PMR diagnosis. my PMR is in remission but I am still in a great deal of pain in my lower back. I've had dozens of MRIs over the years and unfortunately the imaging equipment does not always show what's wrong. I have known lots of other people with back pain who's MRI was deemed normal but they are still in great deal of pain. Unfortunately in the US (and probably in other countries) most doctors will only believe what they can see and pain is invisible. It is also subjective. there are many chronic pain groups on Facebook and you might consider joining one of those. It will give you some insight into other people's issues may be leading you to a proper diagnosis.

• Posted

I wouldn't say you are paranoid - but you are definitely ill!

PMR won't show up on MRI imaging - and that can cause all this. You need a doctor who will treat the patient and not the lab results. Which DO mention small vessel ischaemic changes. Which im my book possibly means some form of vasculitis. Like that which causes PMR and GCA.

• Posted

Hi Eileen many thanks you have eased my mind, i was thinking of taking the mri results to my rhymi, and having a chat with him, is this a good idea, i dont want to look like a idiot try to tell him his job.

last year at this time my crp was 47 now <5 this is why the doctoe said i do not have pmr.

• Posted

The rheumi does need to have access to the MRI results so if the system doesn't allow him to see them, take them with you.

When you are on pred the CRP and ESR may lag a long way behind and not even rise much at all.

But there is something wrong - and they need to find out what or at least treat it. If pred works - what's their problem?

• Posted

Many thanks your help is appreciated, and will take the results with me.

i hope you and your husband are feeling better.

• Posted

Summer has arrived - glorious today, warm and a gentle breeze. Trouble is - IRO 30C is forecast ...

• Posted

Many thanks once again i really appreciate all your help, and hope you and your husband are feeling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.