Resume surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone had resume surgery done? And have any bad problems with it. Like blood in your pee alot? My Dr says it normal. I don't tho k he knows what he's talking about. It's sunday. I started peeing blood on friday. And I've been peeing blood on and off for 3 days. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thomas,

It's perfectly normal to have some blood in your urine for a few days after the Rezum procedure. You didn't say when you had the procedure done. How many days has it been? Can you tell how much blood is in your urine? How are you able to urinate on your own after the procedure? Do you have a Foley catheter? Or are you self catheterizing? 

It would also help if you could tell us your age, how long you've been having problems with BPH and what drugs you're taking. If you are taking ibuprofen for the pain, for example, it is an anticoagulant that will possibly interfere with your body's normal blood clotting mechanism.

• Posted

I've also

Been passing lots of clots pieces of skin. Solid streams of blood.

• Posted

I'm the first patient that didn't have to a Cath left inside. My body can't tolerate caths. My Dr said I'm the first patient he's had in his entire carear. That didn't have a Cath. Left in. It's been 9 weeks since my surgery. And my major bleeding started this friday. For 3 days now I've been peeing blood. I don't take anything for pain.

• Posted

Thomas,

I think you need to call your doctor's office first thing in the morning. Blood in the urine is normal in the first few days and possibly a couple of weeks after the procedure. But not now. It's been too long. This is not normal and needs to be investigated to determine what's happened. Don't wait another day. 

• Posted

Ok I'm going to wait till Wed because that's when rent is due. And I get pd. Otherwise if they put me in the hospital .My rent won't get pd.if I bleed out by then. Oh well I won't have to worry about anything.

• Posted

Thomas, my guess is that without the Foley to properly drain the dead tissues out earlier, they stayed in your bladder. Now that the healing has taken place, the channel opens up better, they start coming out. Hank
  • Posted

This is late to be peeing blood. Call your Uro and get checked out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.