Retained Appendicolith

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I was wondering has anyone any experience with an APPENDICOLITH  my son has a perforated appendix in Febuary, he had an abscess on the appendix also, in April he became unwell again and it turned out he had an abscess on his liver further scans revealed that he has a appendicolith lodged on his liver, he had surgery in September to remove the appendicolith but it was unsuccessful. Any information would be greatly appreciated thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What do you mean it was unsuccessful? Did they remove it or not? Or it did not make a difference. I do not understand these doctors because they sound damn lazy and dont want to be bothered. This is serious and you need to address it as such after all you dont want to hear its to late...demand that something be done to help him.
    • Posted

Hi He had an operation in September to remove it but they couldn't get it out it is now lodged onto his liver in a ball of scar tissue and every time they cut at the scar tissue he was bleeding badly and they had to stop the operation, docs now want to leave it till another abscess forms and try again to remove it which I'm not happy about
  • Posted

Then another pne forms creates more scar tissue thrn his liver goes and then next is death. Dont play with them ..fight..fight
    • Posted

Have you ever come across this before are in the medical field or a patient thanks 
    • Posted

Not in the medical gield anymore and yes have seen it before

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.