Retaining Urine, Slight irritation around the urethra

Posted , 2 users are following.

So this is my second post regarding the same issue. and was hoping to maybe get a little bit more of an answer. the details of exams taken are. this all subsided after a sexual encounter on May 13th 2018

STD- all negative aside from HSV-1 (followed up with the doctor says yes i am positive but dormant)  

Sonograms (2 done within 30 days)- bladder of healthy size as well as prostate and kidneys. bladder size full 600cc. after urinating roughly 150cc still there. 

urine test and culture- no bacteria found (most recent culture was done 3 days ago. 

Blood Work- everything normal 

CT Scan- once again everything came back normal

My diet- I drink roughly 3-5 liters of water daily, 1 double shot of espresso daily not too many junk foods and normal daily vitamins, beer on the weekend 2-3 daily max.

medications- currently taking

Momentix 5 mg 90 days 

Doxasozin 2mg 30 days 

Reversal Flex (Meloxicam 15mg, Pridinol 4mg) 30 days 

Symptoms- A feeling of needing to continue to urinate sometimes after i finish. And a small irritation redish near the urethra (crown is of normal color) no pain or burning while urinating at all and no visible discharge. sometimes a very very minuscule itch by the urethra(maybe once a day) and sometimes a small almost pinching feeling after i climax and wash up in the urethra NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE ME SAY oW. 

im a 29 year old male no history of UI, 5'10 210 pound athletic build.

my questions are

1- what is this urinary hesitance?

2- what is this irritation?( I've self diagnosed and for some reason think it could be some type of candida) my urologist says its nothing but an irritation can be "nothing" in my opinion

thank you to everyone in advance 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Blake.  I do not think you have a problem.  I thank you for a very well out line of everything.  I know you are getting older and yes your 29 but as you age your body will have different ache and pains that really don't mean anything.  To me you know your body and you know what is going on. That is a good way to be.   Urinary hesitance is normal all men have there good days and bad.  One day you may pee right away and other you have to stand there and wait. We all go through it.  Please don't put anything in your head that something is wrong. Your doctor told you every thing is fine.  So have fun and live your life.  And take care of your self.  Ken  PS  Also check the med's to see what type of side effect they have     

• Posted

Kenneth thank you for the words. I know health anxiety can get the better of us sometimes but I’m proud to say I’ve been able to control mine. This time it’s mainly curiosity. Once again thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.