Retention

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I underwent a Rezum procedure in Seattle on February 5, 2018.

But I still have a blood in the urine, in day time I have strong stream,

the problem is night time I have to wake up too many times to urinate,

and I have one drop or 2 drops of urine, I wonder if you guys have the

similar issue, and my urologist told me to take Flomax for a month.

Thanks

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hope it's better now,. My URO recommended Rezum as an alternative to TURP and I am just starting to do the research. Any information you can share would be appreciated.

• Posted

Flomax probably won't help. The blood you're experiencing is normal with Rezum and will generally subside after about a month. The urgency you're feeling at night is also typical, but an overactive bladder med (Myrbetriq is the best one) is more likely to help with that than flomax. By week 6 or so you'll probably be much better - ask your doc for Myrbetriq, stay on it for about 3 or 4 weeks and after that things should get much better pretty quickly.

• Posted

For me, all it took was a couple of ibuprofen to help settle down the urgency. It also reduced the discomfort when starting the flow. You may want to try that before you get a prescription medication. But of course if it doesn't work, talk to you doctor about getting the appropriate prescription medications.

My Rezum procedure was on 12 Jan 2018. I'm still taking 1 tamsulosin (Flomax) per day, but I really don't think it's necessary; things are going pretty well.

I hope that your situation improves quickly. Let us know how you're doing; that kind of followup will help other guys. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.