Retention - Bipolar Vaporization

Posted , 13 users are following.

I just had every test done, Uro, cyst, kidneys, an it was an ultrasound that found the my bladder not voiding properly, My Urologist found a liter during the last visit and did the cystoscopy after using the catheter to drain the liter out. I have been self catherizing since them, 2 weeks now while I look for alternatives to the Bipolar Vaporization(I think this is a variation of TURP). I backed away from the Surgery that was scheduled this week as I feel there might be some better alternatives with less side effects. I did ask my doc about FLA and he pointed me to Urolift. The doc believes it's more of a damaged bladder as I don't void until I get to about 1100 ML so I'm not sure that these alternatives would work. He did detect some obstruction during the cystoscopy but he did say that he does not believe my prostate is very large. Am I wasting my time with the alternatives if it's my bladder? Very confused!

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If he didn't detect any instructions, why does he want to remove pieces of your prostate?

• Posted

He said there were obstructions, but his prostate was not large. That sounds like mine.

I was told removing any obstruction would make it easier on my bladder. I guess based on my results, that turned out to be true.

• Posted

Hello

I first had the Itind procedure done. It worked, but only for about 6 months. Not as aggressive as TURP. 

A year ago I had FLA done, and it is still working. 

There were a few people on here who had bladder problems worse than mine that had FLA with some success. You should read that thread. 

Self cathing can get you by, but it wasn’t an acceptable long term solution for me based on my lifestyle. I haven’t had to do it since I had the FLA done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.