retinal detachment

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,I have flashes on the right side of my right eye and loss of peripheral vision,went to Moorefield's eye hospital to get it checked,only to find out that I have a growth on the back of the eye,which is leaking fluid causing retinal detachment,now they say the only way to get rid of it is to remove the eye itself,best thing for you to do is get your eye checked,hope it won't be as bad as mine,I'm also looking for any alternative solution's to save and reduce the growth,if anyone else is reading this let me know if there is another way to save the eye without having surgery.Thanks.

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Samuel: my advice to you is to see 2-3 other doctors for other opinions. do not remove the eye yet seek other professionals some of them are better than other. ask for antiobiotics drops or other medications or may be injections will do or may be lazer will be good. Please let me know how things are going hope all will work for you and if I have other advice I will let you know A.S.A.P. Best Regards
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    If you have melanoma,you are probably in the best eye hospital in the world and should follow the consultants advice.   I'm sure that is not what you wish to hear but  looking for other cures is not in your best interest.      Have a good discussion with your consultant and your own doctor.  Ask the doctors receptionist to give you a longer appointment to be able to talk it over.  I'm sure they will understand. 

    Make a list of all your questions and worries as you will probably forget something when having that chat.   

    The persons to ask about alternative treatments are your consultant and doctor,and not this site.

    Good luck


    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up