Retinal vein occlusion will I lose more vision

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 51 years of age, not over weight, normal blood pressure, no diabetes etc. I was diagnosed with retinal vein occlusion 11 months ago, was given Trusopt drops twice a day for 3 months and they said it had improved.

Four months on and they say it has gone worse so now been given more Trusopt drops and wants to put me on asprin.

I haven't been told whether it is a central or branch. They said also there is slight swelling.

My vision isn't very much affected but does anybody know does the vision deteriorate with time. It seems blurry when I first wake up. The doctors don't seem to tell me anything.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie2058, I have branch retinal vein occlusion & I take monthly eye injections.. I have had it since march of last year. I do have a blurry spot, but its been 20/40 and holding... I have met some ladies that have what I have and they been dealing with it for 4 years and it has not gotten any worse (with taking eye injections)..
    • Posted

Hi charline924: What kind of monthly Injection do you take, I used lucentis 3 Injection and didi not do any good then she tried Eylea about 4 of them did not do any good now I started with Ozurdex which is (steroid ), hopefully this will work for me all I need is to get rid of fluid from the back of my eye? I was wondering if any of you used the Ozurdex and if it worked or not? and what are the side affects of Ozurdex on the eye.

I need some help?

• Posted

I did Avastin, Lucentus & the steroid.. The only thing that actually is helping me is the Eylea.. The steroid will leave your eye for about 3 weeks looking very very bloody looking... I did not a any white showing in my eye it was very red bloody looking... It did not even help me either...I also have done laser and that has helped a lot with the bleeding in the eye.... I have been on Elyea for about 5 months now & it has helped me tremendously with the fluid...
    • Posted

Hello Charline924: Thank you for replying back to me. I went yesterday to my doctor and she said that Eylea is not working for you after having 4 Injections she said the fluid are still there and my eye is floding in the fluid and that the time is raninig out and she insist to give me the Injections of Ozurdex to see if it will work or not when I asked her what is the side affect of Ozurdex she said for every thing there is side affect the chance you have to take and when I asked her about Avastin she said that is made for cancer and taking about Attitude I don't know what is wrong with our doctors most of them being pastronising and attitude you can even speek to them or spend some time with them to let them know what is good or bad for you as a paitient when you are in there hands they do what they like with you. I wanted to ask if penicilinwill be good to get rid of fluid or not.
    • Posted

Wow! Sorry to hear your Doctor has attitude with you... Thank God my doctor is very sweet.. The steroid I had was a pellet. It was inserted and it left my eye bloody red for about 3 weeks.. It didn't help at all... But Avastin helps a lot of people. I know a few who are on it now & they said it actually improved their vision some.. Everybody takes different to certain meds. My eye doctor is here in San Antonio Texas & I am very happy with her.. The fluid in my eye has improved big time.. I will ask my eye doctor about the penicillin ... I don't see her till January 3.. I will keep you in prayer.. God Bless!
    • Posted

Thank you charline for replying to me so fast , may GOD bless you. Please keep in-touch and I will keep you Inform with all what will happen with me. I don't know if exercise are good for me like walking for 1 hour every day or not? I also take Vitamins 2/day. with Healthy eating programs.Let me know what your doctor will say about penicillin or antibody.

• Posted

ASK QUESTIONS .  consultants  (fortunately not all of them) are known

for being patronising, don't be put off, by their attitude, ASK , It's your body, and 

you need to be given answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.