Retracted ear drum

Posted , 1 user is following.

anyone get a dx of a retracted eardrum and have weird sounds? Sound sensitive? Jaw pain..Because they seem to think this doesnt matter and no scan given. It has been six months now i recently had a sinus infection clearly messing me up worse. I havent been back to the ent since end of april as they seem useless. Did nite retracted though but mild at the time.  I went online today and it was talking about a cholestoma when you have a retracted eardrum and my symptoms were there and now im petrified. I have never even got a scan. Im 50 this is all new. A decade ago i flew ill and had a bad double ear infection they couldnt clear and gave me ear tubes. Sadly that ent has retired. I has them Twice because it fell out two months later and he felt it should be reinsterted. I was good till this started. Someone one out there please advice.. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

where do you live lisa I am in the UK and I had retracted eardrums but now have t-tubes fitted in both ears and that seems 2 have helped retracted drums do have to be monitored so if I was you I'd definitely make an appointment again to monitor the situation

I also had a closteatoma 12yr ago and the only way it showed itself was my hearing went very very low never did I have a discharge luckily I was under a ENT consultant at the time so it was operated pretty quick I have always had ear problems and attend ENT clinic every 6mth earlier if I've had an operation

• Posted

Usa and they dont seem to care very much at all  which makes me nervous but they said mild and because i have tmd makes it all worse,i had ear tubes twice they wont do it again not good for the ear weakens  it. I had a recheck yesterday. Hard to find a good ent where i live apparently. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.