Retracted eardrum

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been through hell the lady 6 months

I had a eustachian tube dilation done and it just didn't work ..I landed up with a major infection and have struggled with it for 6 months now it is slowly finally clearing!,

my issue is left ear has had grommets numerous times and they getting pushed out . I now have a retracted eardrum and a hearing aid !! my ENT told me he will not do another grommet as ear is dry and hole closed and lots of scar tissue! . I am querying whether a grommet would help?? I have severe eustachian tube dysfunction

can anybody help ??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yes same here . i have tubes kept in my ear since last 15 years and we have to replace almost every year . last year they did mastoidectomy surgery and also did eustachian tube dilation .

i think because if the ETD dysfunction we have to replace the tube and there is no other solution

steroids doesnot help

• Posted

I too had the balloon dilation for ETD and felt it didnt work @so many attempts at tubes which were unsuccessful as well .

Going crazy here trying to get some relief in my lt ear it still feels like pressure i cant open it ,pain at times especially down my neck ....

Cant sleep on my lt ear and every so often i get an imbalance or a wave of dizziness ????

Why did i pay 5000 Canadian dollars for ?

This other surgery you had mastoidectomy

what was that for and did it work for you ?

Why did u have to have that done im just curious ?

• Posted

i can understand your concern . Even after the mastoidectomy surgery they had to replace thr tube and i also got it replaced again within a year . in short i think my problem is not resolved and i will have to live with tube through out my life . i thought medical is free in canada and my first tube was put in canada only

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.