Retreats

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone ever been on a week long retreat with lots of therapy/healthy food/exercise, maybe some yoga etc in the UK or abroad? I'm looking for somewhere in the countryside to go and stay to de-stress and boost my mood. I'd go abroad too. I am borderline nervous breakdown and taking Pregabalin. I know even just a holiday would do me some good but I have no one to go with and I think going alone would make me feel worse. But a therapy type retreat might help. I'm feeling really wound up, stressed and depressed and don't know what to do.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

if your in the uk goto the lake district or visit snowdonia i myself can personally vouch for snowdon an the peaks around llanberis for been stress relievfers or even just sitting on the shore of the lake reading a book or listening to the wind an the ducks in fact if i could id be on the next train to llanberis now with just me an my camera an lots of batteries
  • Posted

Hi Vicky ! Theres a place in North Yorkshire called Holyrood House . Although you cant get 24/7 counselling , sessions are available to book , and I highly recommend them . Complimentary therapies like Indian Head massages and reflexology are also offered as is Art Therapy . It is a Christian organization but if youre not religious dont let that put you off as theres no requirement to be affiliated to any faith and no pressure to take part in any religious activities . If youre interested take a look at their website www.holyroodhouse.org.uk . Good luck .
  • Posted

Hi Vic

I would suggest you to read this " La ilaha illa anta subhanaka inni kunto min azzaalemeen" whenever you can!!!!

Secondly, Its better to go on holidays with your close friends or any person who you feel relaxed.

If you will read the above with the heart , you will feel the difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.