Retrograde ejaculation

Posted , 7 users are following.

After having a TURP 5 weeks and 3 days ago I've found to my delight that I do not suffer from Retrograde ejaculation, I thought that every one had this after a Turp. has anyone else been as lucky as I have been?.

kind regards

Howard.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I wish I was that lucky. I have RE after the TURP and I hate every moment of it. The climax is absolutely pathetic . I cant think how most men dont have any problem with it and there is nothing worse than sex without an ending.
  • Posted

I am extremely happy for you Howard that doesn't happen very often and I must agree withWally55 RE is terrible I hate it I wish I had never done the surgery so congratulations to you that's wonderful.
  • Posted

strange thing is that it's clear and not milky ( for some reason )
  • Posted

Hi Howard

You are definitely the lucky one and like wally5 and Jwb43 I have RE after TURP operation and taking Tamsulosin for 18 months prior to operation. It is uncofortable and strange and I also wish I had not gone through the operation. Regards Peter

• Posted

My commiserations to Wally,  Jwb  and Peter.  And of course congratulations to you Howard.

Do you know whether you had a Full TURP or what was described to me by my Urologist as a Mini-TURP ?  I had a Mini-TURP and a BNI in Feb.  Like yourself I am able to ejaculate and similarly,   my product is clear and not milky.  I have had two reviews since subsequently having 42 EBRT's but I haven't yet thought to ask about it.

in my case I've been told that such sexual function as I have been fortunate enough to retain,   is almost certain to evaporate over the next 24 months as the full effect of radiation takes hold.  Also dialled in for me is incontinence.  So I am doing my pelvic floor exercises!

Personally I wouldn't want to be thought of as crowing over this and in any event I was also told that untreated even moderately aggressive PC will comprehensively ruin your sex life as well as almost guaranteeing your chances of an early demise.

' Gather ye ...  while ye may '  Howard.

Regards

Dudley

• Posted

I still have urgency problems which I'm taking Oxybutymin for. ( can last for aprox. 3 hours day time. and can go all night some times but normaly have to go once.

I don't know what a mini turp is I was just told it was a turp and that the report on the tisssue that was sent for biopsy came back as benign so I was well pleased with that.

I wish you the best of luck in the future.

kind regards

Howard.

• Posted

In my case,  the Mini-TURP was a coring out of the Prostate gland in order to increase the diameter of the urethral channel,   so that I could receive Radiation Therapy.  Both Brachytherapy and EBRT cause swelling,  which in my case and without the M-T would,  they considered,  have definitely meant an very long period of catheterisation.

At that time,   they were contemplating Brachytherapy as the first choice therapy,  but during the op. and for whatever reason so much of my gland was removed that there was insufficient gland left in which to place the Brachy seeds,  so I had to have 42 EBRT's. ( 28 at the Prostate including the seminal vesicles and the last 14 at higher intensity and really concentrating on the tumour which had been gold -seeded for them to aim at.

• Posted

I thought that when prostate cancer was found they remove the prostate altogether ( thats what the urologist told me he would do if the tissue taken showed malignancy.)

• Posted

Also meant to say :  As far as I understand it,  a TURP removes all of the Prostate Gland inside the sac.  This includes the ducts that would normally channel semen along the urethra and out and so the semen goes into the bladder and orgasms are dry.  I was led to believe that's a 100% guaranteed outcome.  If you can still produce a fluid at orgasm it would seem most unlikey that you have had a full TURP.   By the way,  I am 71 and to help better understand your situation,  do you mind letting us how old you are ?
    • Posted

dug this up on google,

"Retrograde ejaculation,This long-term side effect occurs in about 75 percent of men who have TURP"

maybe we are in the 25%

regards

Howard.

The uro said that he would be coring out the prostate and just leaving the

shell

• Posted

Thankyou Howard.  Irrespective of that statistic ( 25% ),  I had never yet until now and with yourself,  spoken with anybody who having had a full TURP and yet fortunate enough to retain sexual function ;  did not have dry orgasms.

So you not quite so rare as I thought birds,  obviously flock together under skies beyond my horizons. 

• Posted

I had a full terp and I had read the 75% RE possibility. The Urologist told me it is more like 95% (perhaps because of my procdure). I was not told there was a laser possibility. In my case, I had already had a sucessful quadruple bypass at the hospital here and tend not to question them too much. I'm sure if there was an option for me to have laser, they would have mentioned it.

I had has a cathether after the heart surgery and the got noctural euresis (night wetting). Then got another catheter because of retention. I just wanted all the issues to stop.

I have RE and clear. I am hoping that perhaps some of the flap removed will regrow of perhaps the RE will dimish some.

I also had those muscle spasms, expecially with the catheter (at one point morphine didn't help and I reported pain as 10 out of 10). Months later the burning and other sisues have pretty much subsided. I still get up in the middle of the night to void, but that is because I drink plenty of liquids. I am on a "water pill" to help lower blood pressure.

I think it woudl have been a lot betetr if I had the TURP well before my heart surgery becauuse I think many of my later problems would not have occured. So I say, if you need a TURP or other procedure, get it before it causes other issues. When I was finally set up for the turp they had to wait because my ceotin levels were so hight they wanted to make sure I did not have kidney disease or failure.

• Posted

To be honest now going into the seventh week post TURP I'm pain free.I still have urge problems but even those are getting better, my interest in Sex is not so great ( that may be down to worrying about the hernia Surgery I will be having this month) all in all

I'm very very happy with Quality of life the Turp has given me. 

I hope you will feel better given time and that this new Year is better for you and everyone else than the last one was.

kind regards

Howard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.