Retrograde Ejaculation after Turp

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anybody run across a solution for this (the sudafed thing does not work !). Surgery or otherwise. As I've mentioned in this forum I've had a urolift (worked for a year and cost $1700) then 2 turps last year. Even though Bladder neck was 'no problem' they just carve away the tissue there as part of the turp operation.

Absolutely hate this retro thing. Don't believe the urologist who with no experience says 'its the same feeling). Its a convulsion and painful event nothing like an orgasm.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Scots

Sorry for what you are going through. So you tried the Sudafed. It is not going to work for you because when they did the Turp that got rid of the connection. Your orgasm will never be the same.

That is why most men after having a Turp want to tie there doctor to a table and do the same to them

If you would have had a Ejaculation Sparing Turp they would have saved 1 cm around the Veramonutana you would still have your ejaculation. Did your doctor offer that to you. All he did to you was go in and cut out everything. Some doctors do not care about your sex life they just want you to pee better. They do not have anything to do with your orgasm and ejaculation. They just move on and do the same thing to another man.

I hate when doctors tell men all will be the same.They are just trying to get you to have the surgery. They really do not know how it feels after because they only know what they read and learn in books.

I wish there was something else I can say I know somewhat what you are going through. When I was on Flomax and Rapaflo. I had no ejaculation or orgasm. It took all of it away. I still had the built up but when it hit it went flat. No feeling at all. That is when I stopped the medication and 2 week later had the Urolift.

I guess I have been lucky. 8 years and still open God bless...Ken

• Posted

Hi Ken, I remember from another post that you were taking something for your bladder. What is it's name? I want to try it. Hank

• Posted

Hey Hank

How you doing. I do not remember that post when was it. The only medication I'm on is for a tight internal sphincter. It is called Vesicare 10mg It helps the muscles in the groin area......Take care...Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.