Retrograde Ejaculation after Turp

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had 3 turp operations now in 2 years. 5 years ago had Urolift, which only worked for about a year. Other posts on this issue if you scan for them.

I want to dispel this commonly stated notion, that retrograde ejaculation feels just like a normal ejaculate orgasm. WRONG !!!

This is what it is like for me. Its an event but nothing like I used to have. There is no longer any pleasure in it. It is more of a mild convulsion, not pleasant and very quick. Frankly it is horrible. And now for the rest of my life, there is just no pleasure or fun in it. Wears on me of course, as this is a natural male physiological thing, that the turp operation puts an end to.

I heard the doctor say to me, "There is no difference in the feeling of your orgasm..." when explaining to me Turp was about to end this for me.

I made the decision to do the Turp thing instead of trying the REZUM procedure which I read 'most of the time' does not result in RE. Most of the time ! And here in Canada I was going to have to fork out $6000 as this is not covered by our guv insurance (the Urolift cost me $17,600). And I live in the Capital of Canada Ottawa, but would have had to travel 5 hours away to Toronto. In the middle of the pandemic. And this while ending up in Emergency screaming in pain waiting 5 hours for a catheter multiple time because of Urinary retention. At that point I would have signed to have the whole prostate removed.

So my message to you is think carefully before making this Turp vs Rezum vs Urolift etc.. .decision.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.