return my sex drive...please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, this is my first time here and am hoping someone will be able to help...in the process of deciding which treatment (if any) I will take for my pre menopausal symptoms, of which there are many.i seem to be suffering with most of them at the mo but the worst at the moment is my lack of libido. After reading through many of everyone else's symtoms, iv got myself onto the advised supplements and am hopeful..but, can anyone help with suggesting what will bring back the want for sex??

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sharron 

try rain forest food maca capsules 

good for peri and sex drive 😊

jay xx

• Posted

Hey Jay this has nothing to do with sex drive but did you say you take magnesiun?If so what time of day do you take it?
    • Posted

Rain forest foods maca 5.1 capsules 

Maca

Benefits

Maca root (Lepidium meyenii) has many health benefits.

Known for their advanced knowledge of healing and the body’s connection with nature, the Incan civilization used the maca root in many of their natural remedies.

According to ancient Incan history, the maca root was known to have special properties which were believed to enhance energy and stamina.

It is also believed to increase the sexual desire and endurance.

Maca is often termed as Peruvian Ginseng due to its natural stimulating qualities that are similar to the benefits found in the commonly known ginseng-related herbs.

The maca root can be found growing in the Andes Mountains, mainly in Peru. The environment which is deemed ideal for its growth is in uncongenial locations which are located high in the mountains. Maca flourishes in such climates due to its ability to thrive in spite of harsh temperatures and frost.

Maca is related to the mustard plant, and has similarities in appearance. The flowers of the maca resemble those of the mustard plant. It is not uncommon for farmers and /or those who are knowledgeable in horticulture to mistake the identity of either plant at first glance.

Medicinally, the part of the maca that holds the active nutrients is the flesh of its root. The nutritional contents of the maca root are impressive.

The root or tuber is high in protein, natural sugars, iron, potassium, iodine, magnesium, calcium, and fiber.

Due to maca’s high nutritional content, it is often referred to as having “superfood” properties.

Libido & Fertility

Culturally, the ancient Peruvians ingested this powerful root to boost the potency of the male libido.

Its natural properties help to create an aphrodisiac-like response in men who have suffered from impotency, low sex-drive, and fertility problems.

The maca root is known to improve the quality and quantity of sperm in men who have lower than normal sperm counts, which helps to increase the level of fertility.

Endurance

Athletically speaking, the main ingredients and naturally occurring substances in maca are becoming widely used by today’s amateur and professional athletes alike.

The main action of this powerful superfood is to strengthen endurance and energy levels, which gives the athlete a natural advantage. Testosterone also seems to be increased as well.

Menopause

Over time, other uses for maca have also shown promising benefits to health such as relief of fatigue and the reduction of menopausal symptoms in women.

One of the most troublesome symptoms of menopause is hot flashes.

The active ingredients in the maca root appear to lessen the severity and frequency of hot flashes that occur due to hormonal changes in a woman’s body as they reach middle age.

Maca root helps to bring back into balance the body’s natural hormone levels without the use of synthetic hormone replacements that are typical treatments for menopausal symptoms.

Menstruation

Menstrual problems that often plague women of child-bearing age such as cramping, heavy or irregular periods, as well as PMS, have found that the maca root alleviates many of the uncomfortable symptoms.

Skincare

For both men and women alike, skin problems such as acne have been drastically improved with the use of maca.

Depression

Another essential benefit of the maca root is its known ability to relieve mild depression.

There is an increase in the body’s levels of serotonin in individuals using maca.

Common treatments for depression are antidepressant medications which tend to have uncomfortable side effects such as weight gain, fatigue, and dulled senses.

Maca has none of the side effects that are found in pharmaceutical antidepressants. In fact, the active ingredients in the maca root boost energy and lift depression naturally.

The benefits of the ancient Peruvian maca root continue through the present day as a leading superfood health enhancer. For those who have benefited from its health properties, maca comes highly recommended as a time-tested source of health.

Dosage 

• Posted

as prescribed on the type you buy ..

• Posted

I take Chelated Magnesium by Solgar 

as its the best and does not  upset your stomach ..

magnesium Citrate and Oxide has laxative effects ..

i take one Solgar Chelated Magnesium before bed .. 

Jay xx

• Posted

Chelateded magnesium = ( Bisglycinate ) magnesium 

useful magnesium  info .... 

i take Solgar Chaleted ( Bisglycinate) Magnesium

one daily before bed ..

Magnesium bisglycinate is an essential mineral needed for more than 300 enzymatic reactions in the body.

This mineral is required for the formation of healthy bones and teeth, protein and fatty acid formation, activating B vitamins, supporting muscle activity, nerve transmission, relaxing blood vessels, clotting blood, temperature regulation and ensuring intestinal mobility also called bowel movements. 

Magnesium bisglycinate is magnesium bound to the amino acid glycine. This binding makes the magnesium highly absorbable.

For example you would have to take 4 times the amount of magnesium citrate to get the equivalent amount of magnesium bisglycinate.

The bisglycinate form of magnesium does not require stomach acid for absorption as it passes into the cell via its amino acid transport which means even those with poor digestion or absorption get the benefits.

Magnesium bisglycinate is the only magnesium shown to cross the blood brain barrier which makes it an excellent choice for aiding those with depression and/or anxiety, or migraine headaches. 

Stress of all types including chemical, emotional, hormonal or physical stress depletes magnesium from the body.

Since magnesium relaxes muscles and nerves, more magnesium is needed when you are under stress.

When we are under stress our adrenal glands produce cortisol which further increases acidity in the body thereby increasing the need for even more magnesium. 

Because magnesium is required in the metabolism of estrogen in the body, low levels of magnesium increases estrogen leading to estrogen dominance. Symptoms of too much estrogen include premenstrual breast and uterine pain, headaches, backaches, premenstrual depression and mood swings. Women on the birth control pill or hormone replacement therapy also become deficient in magnesium as the drugs deplete magnesium.

Anyone with an estrogen dominant condition like endometriosis, PMS, fibroids, ovarian cysts, period problems or breast cysts need magnesium bisglycinate.

Interestingly, many women crave chocolate during their premenstrual and menstrual period. Chocolate is high in magnesium! 

Magnesium deficiency is common due to our consumption of processed foods and the depletion of magnesium from agricultural soils and water.

Magnesium supplementation can help with many conditions from high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat or heart palpitations, to insomnia, anxiety and depression to fibromyalgia, osteoporosis and leg cramps at night or following exercise.

Always make sure when you are purchasing minerals that the label states whether or not the dosage is in its elemental value. This tells you if you are getting exactly what you are paying for. 

Which Magnesium Is Best?

Magnesium oxide and citrates are laxatives causing diarrhea and they are poorly absorbed.

Magnesium bisglycinate is much better absorbed and it does not cause diarrhea.

Magnesium bisglycinate is four times more effective than citrate forms of magnesium

• Posted

Ok i took 250 mg before bed lastnight and had a sleepless night and just didnt feel right...when periods come i just feel awful and feel like i could faint and fuzzy head bad...use to feel good when period started but now i feel yuck when i start....Thanks Jay....xxx
    • Posted

Hi laurie

Periods do feel sickly in peri... Well mine did anyway..

never did before..

what sort of magnesium are you taking ..

its suppose to relax and help you sleep..

so i dont know hun.. Maybe its just your period thats come or coming 

jayxx

• Posted

Hello and thanks...

can I get this from a normal healthfood type shop?

Sharron x

• Posted

Its Natures Bounty...just magnesium vitamin...yes on my period now...only heavy 2days and now just spotting...use to be 7 days and heavy..just want sleep.....lol
    • Posted

Hi laurie 

natures bounty magnesium is Oxide 

so if you have loose stools in the morning its that..

its not the correct magnesium this is a laxitive type effect 

and may give you tummy disturbances and the runs 😳

jay xx

• Posted

Ok i will try the kind you said....i dont need help with tummy issues thats for sure...do you think it helps with anxiety at all in your experience???Thanks a bunch Jay...Your the best!!
    • Posted

Well it helps me overall - i need Solgar Chelated as i am post menopause now too ... Its a good mineral for peri and meno 

but the B6 and B12 are best for my anxiety - energy etc 

it went after i started those for me personally anyway ..

good luck 

jay xx

• Posted

Ok im on b6 but havent tried b12 yet...will try that also...thanks again...
    • Posted

Hi Jaynee, how much Maca do you take please
    • Posted

Hi janehj

how are you

it all depends on which one you buy .. It says on bottles how much to take accordingly to the quality.

i take the rain forest food maca 5.1 ratio

its equivilant to 2500mg per calsule ..i take one 

jay xx 

• Posted

I got it in H olland and Barrett, it says 1500mg but it says take 2 3x daily which seems to much to me. Thank you hunny xx

• Posted

hi janehj

ok.. 

Well i would take two of those then..

good luck with them 

jay xx

• Posted

that's what I was thinking smile, morning or night? xx
    • Posted

😊

i take mine in the morning or late morning with my other 5000 supplements 

😊

jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.