return of symptoms relating to diverticula disease

Posted , 7 users are following.

After about a six month gap my symptoms have returned. It starts with urinary urgency acting like a infection and gradually numerous other symptoms start to appear. Increase in acid reflex, aches and pains, usual constipation suddenly changes to urgency to go. Low back pain on left hand side and at front in lower abdomen. Feel hungry but eating eventually causes irritation in lower bowel therefore reduce solid food intake and start to lose weight.. Niggly pains throughout bowel. Generally feeling yukky. It's all deja vu but so worrying. Can anyone relate to this? (colonoscopy in 2014 confirmed widespread diverticula disease).

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I can relate to most of what you have said , I was also diagnosed in 2014 with diverticular disease mainly in the sigmoid colon. I suspected the urinary urgency that I have more recently started to get was connected because that causes me pain in the lower part of my abdomen but after reading your story I am now convinced. I get dreadful wind in my tummy which causes cramp like pains.

i am 4 months away from being considered in remission from ovarian cancer and have been so worried that it had returned, your story has comforted me . I can live with diverticular but the cancer is a different kettle of fish. 

• Posted

Hi Sylvia,

I'm pleased you could relate to some of my symptoms and that this has reassured you. I'm now in the middle of a storm of symptoms from belching, persistent headache and abdominal pains scattered about! It's ghastly and I'm just about able to work. As you might expect I'm obsessed with the thought of cancer even though I've been fairly thoroughly looked at in the past. I wish I knew what was going on but I suspect it's triggered by stress mixed in with an overactive thyroid and massive anxiety levels. What a pickle to be in. All the best for the all clear soon.

• Posted

Hi, The more I read these discussions the more convinced I am that my problems are caused by my Diverticular decease, I like you, suffer with belching and when I am ask where the pain is I can never pin point exactly where it is, sometimes down the left side , sometimes the bottom of my stomach and sometimes all over including my back. 

I am having a ultrasound scan tomorrow so hopefully that will put my mind at rest.

• Posted

It sounds like it's your DD I get awful wind belching and the other way doesn't seam to mater what I eat I still get it. I get pain bottom of my left side also under rib cage nothing seams to work to stop the wind. I find it so embarrassing when I am out

• Posted

I find I'm belching most first thing in the morning. I suppose it's the trapped air from overnight. It only seems to happen when I have these chaotic phases with my stomach. Experiencing daily head pain above eyes/temple. Dr says it's anxiety. If my tummy is scrunched up, as when sitting for any length of time, everything feels sore. Bloods normal-no diverticulitis. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.