Return of Urinary Symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Suffered with OAB, recurrent UTI and vaginal dryness for a few years. Seen a gynaecologist earlier this year, checked me over and prescribed Vagifem for the dryness. Seen a urologist a week later, had a cystoscopy which was clear, he prescribed  Mirabegron for OAB and Cefalexin 250mg one at night to try to settle things down and stop UTI's. After two weeks I felt a new woman, completely symptom free for 6 weeks then had symptoms of a UTI but urine was clear, now feel constant pressing down sensation as if I want to pass urine, there is no pain or burning and I can wait a few hours before passing urine even though I have the constant feeling I need to go.  Feeling really miserable, any advice really appreciated as I am not going back to see urologist for review until next month. Many thanks.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Oh Lynn

I do so feel for you having just been given two lots of antibiotics  for supposenly UTI, turns out never needed them as results came back negative after all that.

So ive just experienced what your describing  a few weeks back.  obviously mine wasnt an infection either as it came back clear so im thinking like full of panic what now?

In the end i drank loads of water and then came across optibac probitics and this gel for sorness and dryness which has helped me a lot. The feeling of keep wanting to go has gone along with the dryness which made things feel worse.  But then im at that age where everything drys up and shrinks down there. 

Sounds like you have some inflammation giving you the sensation of keep wanting to go.  At least you have no burning but the pressire on its own is enough isnt i know. Doesnt sound like a UTI you have but some other irritant

Check your panty liners arnt causing you aggrivation as ones i was using found out had bleach in them so now use organic none irritating ones.  keep down the sugar and chocolate, drink unsweetend cranberry juice, see if this helps with what sounds like inflammation. Ive also given up wheat/gluten as well, dont know if theres any connection, dont see how but def feel ok down there now.  Have you been checked for vaginal thrush which can irritate the urethea as well.

You have been checked out also by gynaecologist  so nothing like a prolaspe then found.

You say your already using vagifem though so your problem cant be dryness, i found these helped a lot but sadly had to stop using them due to side affects.

How old are you now? im 66.I think many of us ladys are having inflammation of the urthrea with no UTI present. But the vagifem is supposed to help with this. 

Wish i could be more helpfull as i know how misrable this makes one feel.

Sue 

• Posted

Susan,

I have received your PM and replied to it but in case you didn't get the reply I wanted to say thank you again for all the information and advice. Take care of yourself.

• Posted

Hi Lynn i never got your reply im afraid, never mind, as you can see theres a lot of us joining in on this topic ,all suffering.  

Think drs would learn a lot if they were to see all these posts.

I feel theres something being missed and not yet learnt or actually been seen with our urtheras .

At the moment im sitting hear with no burning and no urge to keep going to the loo, bliss, sheer bliss

Take care  yourself  as well

Sue 

• Posted

Hi Lynn  have since seen your PM reply thank you and replied back.

Sue 

• Posted

Lynn had a feeling my reply was going to be withheld  rolleyes so i copied it before sending, ill pm it all to you. 

Sue 

• Posted

Susan

you are being very kind and taking a lot of trouble.  How do I access a PM, I am not very good on the computer?

• Posted

Lynn to send you the message i clicked on the envelope symbol between your name and mine. i think to see my message you  scroll up as far as you can go to the top of this page on hear, then look at the right side of your screen you should see your user name and my messages, click on this and my message should come up for you to read. If not send me another message by clicking on the envelope hear showing between your user name and mine , this way it becomes private and ill answer resending you what i sent before. Hope this makes sense.  

Sue 

• Posted

I feel for you. I have had oab for years. Right now I'm having this procedure done called PTNS but don't know if it's helping. I have some good days.I'm like you....sometimes feel like I always have to go. I'm better when I'm off my feet . Try not to lift anything heavy. If this procedure doesn't work, Dr suggested botox. I have tried all sorts of drugs, but nothing seems to help. If you find any miracle cure, let me know. Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated.  I havent heard of PTNS but I will ask Dr.Google.

Wish there was a miracle cure, so many of us women need help and support.

Hope the PTNS helps and you have more good days.

• Posted

Hi Ann Marie,

Can you tell me what's ptns please? I'm a fellow sufferer. It's dreadful!

Thanks 

Sam xx

• Posted

You can look it up on the internet. It's a procedure where they stimulate your muscles. They insert a needle in your ankle and you can feel the electrical stimulation going up your leg. Doesn't hurt at all. I go once a week for 3 months. I hear there's an 80 percent success rate. I just had eighth treatment and I'm starting to see the difference. I've had this problem for 10 years off and on.If you try it, I hope it works for you.

• Posted

Do they do this on the NHS or do you have to pay for this Ann marie. MUst say ive never heard of this till now.

Sue 

• Posted

What is NHS? It's covered by my insurance. If you look up PTNS it explains the procedure and shows pictures and just how it's done.

• Posted

NHS    National Health Service

The NHS stands for the National Health Service, which provides healthcare for all UK citizens based on their need for healthcare rather than their ability to pay for it. It is funded by taxes

Thanks ill look up PTNS in a sec 

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are going through this Lynn. I have suffered with Vaginal Atrophy for three years now. And whilst most of the symptoms vanished at the end of April last year following my 2nd hip replacement, I am left with the vaginal soreness and also my urethera gets sore and burns and seems to trigger urgency feelings that are also in my urethera. So I have been too scared this last year to go anywhere where I won't be able to find a toilet quickly or where there may be queues for them. You can imagine how this has impacted on my life this last year. I feel quite down about it all, even mildly depressed. Missed out on so much. Been to Doc and Urologist also bladder nurse several times and all said all is ok. However I saw Doc again on Saturday morning and she inspected my vulva/uretheral area and said it was enflamed. So having tried GYNEST and Vagifem a couple of years ago and feeling that it didn't work (Perhaps I should have waited longer to gain the benefits from it) I am now back on Vagifem for the vaginal burning and soreness and an hydrocortisone cream for the uretheral burning. If I am very lucky, I do get the occasional day without any burning or soreness but those days are rare. Apart from the physical symptoms I think a lot of my urgency problem is an anxiety thing because whilst I have the soreness etc at home, I never get the urgency at home! So I am working on the anxiety as well by taking 5HTP tablets. Utterly fed up now. I've had these problems down below for three years now. So I can understand why you are so fed up with your situation too. So frustrating it. :-(

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I also think some of my problems are anxiety related and I am waiting tongontonthe counselling regards my longstanding health anxiety. Do you mind me asking what strength hydrocortisone cream you use and how often? anything is worth a try. Hope the Vagifem helps together with the HC cream.  Thinking about you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.