Return to Amitriptyline

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was on 10mg each night for the past 8 years for pain and lack of sleep with M.E. I tapered off a few months ago as we think I may not have had M.E but depression. Since being off it I have been getting dizzy spells and titanus with both going from occasionally getting it to getting it every day and now really affecting my day and cant do anything. I use to get the dizzyness when had days of forgetting to take my tablet at night and making sure I took it stopped it. I have tried talking to my doctor but getting an appointment is over a week away and I am tempted to just start taking it again to see if it goes away again - its driving me up the wall as I am spending most days not being able to do anything. Anyone had anything similar when they came off it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I got tinnitus when I was taking 25 mg - am now down to 12.5 but it has not changed that at all.  

• Posted

Snizzell

10mg of this medication is the lowest dose given therefore the side effects should not be to bad, therefore if you are having problems and been diagnosed, right or wrong you need the advice of your GP. This medication is not just an AD drug it is  widely used in nerve and joint pain Hence the use in MS.

I have PsA something similar to MS but different.

I take this medication, sometimes upwards 75mg every night, I have now reduced my dose down to 50mg nightly I have been on this medication now for over ten years and the reduction did not bring on side effects on reduction. My reduction was 25mg nightly.

All I can suggest is, how long have you been on this drug, that MAY have something to do with drug withdrawal.

Make an appointment to see your GP and always be advised by Him because of your possible diagnosis

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.