Returned from the Mayo Clinic

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been struggling with pain in my body since 2011. I have had doctors tell me I was vitamin d deficient and that was causing my problems. They stopped there until last year when a new endocrinologist actually diagnosed me TIO. At first, he thought it Phosphatemia but then confirmed TIO with additional tests. I believe it is called FRF23 which confirmed a tumor from what I understood. My wife and I decided to go to the Mayo Clinic after she found out they had recently done research on TIO. We met with Dr. Tebben an endocrinologist. I brought with me all the MRI's and scans we have had done since 2012. He spent a good amount of time with us and felt confident the diagnosis of TIO was correct. He then spent time researching the film and found what he thought might be the tumor. He was able to compare it to an older film and it had gotten larger. 2 cm to 4 cm. He schedules a controlled biopsy which confirmed it was a tumor which appeared to be benign. It was hidden behind the knee cap in my left leg. We then spoke with an Orthopedic Oncologist Dr. Rock who said he could operate in two days on Friday. After 6 years it was easy to say yes. The surgery went very well and he confirmed it was totally surgically removed. They ran another blood test which confirmed there were no tumors in my body.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did they tell you if you can take recombinant FRF23 or increase Vitamin D intake. 
    • Posted

I was not told to take the FRF23 after they checked to confirm there were no tumors unless I begin symptoms again. They took me off supplements until the next meeting with the Doc on May 3rd. They want to see my bodies natural levels.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.