RETURNED HOME FROM VISIT TO CHAPEL ALLERTON

Posted , 8 users are following.

Saw Dr Sarah Bingham, what a lovely lady.

Now after many disscusions and i might had she knew all my previous history even tho we had never meet before today, she has come tp the conclusion 90% sure i do not have PMR, but have had some blood tests done, yellow bottle, green bottle and brown bottle. Also was sent for X Rays on my spine and neck, everyone has been brilliant i must say.

She has looked through the notes regarding (forgive the spelling) the geonodes, which she says his holes in my hips which cause curving in the hip joint, and she thinks this was not PMR related, 

She also thinks my neck and spine is the problem, and so she wants me off steroids as she said some of my problems like eye pain, headaches and all the earaches are side effects of the pred not PMR.

I do hope she is right, as i would hate , as much as i do not like being on pred she is not taking me off for all the wrong reasons, as GCA is lurking around i do not want it to be a problem later on.

So she is happy for me to do the DSNS method at 1mg reduction, and i gave her a copy of it Eileen, as she said that seems better than the one she uses for her patients.

So some good has come out of today.

I would appreciate your feedback on this please, and your comments regarding your thoughts about PMR, 

Thanks Mags

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mags,

i'm happy you have finally found someone who is willing to really work with you and find out what is causing all these symptoms.  I can understand your concern about getting off the prednisone but you will know soon enough by your symptoms if the Dr. Is correct.  Also, it sounds like she is very accessible so if you have any sudden change you can get help right away.  

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Don't be afraid, it sounds like you are in good hands.

Big hugs and best wishes,  Diana 🌸

• Posted

Thank you Diana, it was so nice to speak to someone who understands how i felt, and knew of the pain you all suffer with this.

I got the impression she herself did not like pred any more than us, but knew it was the only thing to help us, i also learned a lot from her she answered all my questions never made me feel like an idiot like some doctors do, and i trust her to find out what is wrong with me, if the other doctor at our surgery had done his job right in DECEMBER i might now be treated for what ever is wrong, but we shall see, and i do feel as if somebody cares enough to find out, i could tell she loves her job, 

Hope you have a lovely day, take and hugs returned. Mags xcool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.