Returning

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am now in the mode where I can safely say I'm on the mend 6 months after TKR and it's almost normal unless I'm a silly moo as hubby says when i push myself too much I am back from the dark side with the help of the amazing members in this group I say a big thank you to you all💗💗💗

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Fantastic! It is a super resource, and super to hear of your own triumph! Six months is a good place to be! Snap! I am loving being able to live life to the full again! I have pushed myself a wee bit too much this last week, so bit of ache and tightness...but only a bit!

😊 there should be a medal for Knee replacement folk!

• Posted

There should be a medal for us knee rep folk ! I love this forum and apart from the odd super stars , have benefitted from others experiences. Although only 5 weeks post op I enjoy reading posts from people who are ahead of me. One thing I do think though, is that in our position of limited ability for a short period of time, we should be given a temporary Blue Badge as it is a nightmare on crutches and having to park away from where we want to be. All good fun I suppose. Sue
    • Posted

Yes I agree I wouldn't have managed without mine parking right outside shops and doctors and the hospital appointment 💗

• Posted

Bless, glad to hear it and hope I will say the same, I'm only a few week's behind you post op. But I guess mine has been set back by needing and MUA at week 10 and persistent swelling, tightness and scar tissue, though the bend became better.

?I will post back, as and when. Meanwhile, take care and remember, it can take up to a year or more to be out of the woods, so don't be tempted to overdo things and set yourself back any. biggrin

• Posted

Most people start feeling "normal" in the 6-9 month range so you seem to be on target.  You may also see big leaps in functionality at the 9 and 12-month marks.  Caution:  Push the knee and it will still swell up...you are not beyond that possibility.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.