Returning angina

Posted , 7 users are following.

After being in control of my angina for a few years it has decided to come back it just woke me up out of a sound sleep I choked it and reached for the Nitro I just had a ECG and Echo last month everything seemed ok no changes except that my mitral valve is a little worse I was just so upset I hate having this disease it's very scary I am a widow of a man who died in his truck from a severe heart attack it took me five years to get over loss of him it has been 14 years now I'm just riding I'm trying to calm down to my group that I haven't talked to for a long time I could use a hug or two thank you 💙💛?💚💜

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Big hugs from this end! Try to stay positive, its sounding like you a keeping check ups going.  Its easy said but try not to worry, as the worry will make matters worse but of course dont take any risks, go by your instinct  and see the professionals if you have any pains 
  • Posted

Dear Diana, unfortunatley a lot of us have been in the same situation as yourself, my angina was ok up to about 6 months ago then it just went silly, lm getting it most days now which is not funny.

keep your chin up and stay positive , try not to worry to much lm sure your GP and the hospital will be trying to sort you out , the cardiology departments always seem to be one of the best departments in our hospital , so hopefully yours as well.

Hey, take care,  rest and hopefully things will get better soon.

love and hugs Lady Amelia xxxxx

• Posted

Thank you lady Amelia I really appreciate you reassuring me that I'm not the only one that has this problem and that we have to deal with it everyday thank you again so very much 🌺🌻🌹

• Posted

Hi!. Healthy or sick we exist for a while. Try to be positive. I know it's easy to say harder to do. When you go througth bad moments, remember that you are not alone, that other people understand how you feel. Stress and negative feelings are not good for our illness. I think that going out with other people, doing activities also helps in our case.cheer up!

• Posted

You should ask your Dr. to check for prinzmetal angina. Especially if ypur having angina while you sleep. Its extremely comtrolable with meds.
    • Posted

I do have prinzmetal's angina I already know that thank you anyway it's just a bummer to have that's all I guess I was having a really bad night and it just scared me

• Posted

I know how you feel!! I get it bad some nights(not as much as I used to) & it is scary at night especially if you're alone. I wish there was a fix to prinzmetal. I hope you're Ok, I wish you well. XXOO

• Posted

thank you NicoleI wish you the best and I hope you're okay as well my son watched a video of Prince metals in the doctor's office and it told him to make sure and tell the person you're caring for that they're not going to die it is just a pain spasm and it will pass and for years it is true so I think we will be okay I ran around the stores today and it was hot even in the parking lot walking fast and shopping because I felt pretty doggone good and nothing happened to me my heart didn't hurt and I didn't faint tonight I had a little bit of angina but I took some Nitro and I'm just dealing with it we will be okay have a good day tomorrow it is hot here in California goodnight Nicole ?😌

• Posted

By the way Nicole just wanted to tell you I have been drinking a lot of electrolyte water the pH Waters that they have in the 16 oz bottles now and a lot of Gatorade and hit has been controlling a lot of things with my heart and my blood pressure too just sending that along to you goodnight again
    • Posted

Hi Diana

Had triple bypass in 2008, 4 stents later and recently arterial spasm or microvascular desease. Lol. Seems more like Prinzmetal to me. Lol! I eat sensibly, exercise e.t.c but genetics is what i am battling. Could not tollerate statins at all. Been on Rapatha medication for some 1.5 years and it brought down the ldl cholesterol. Obviously i need to do more?

Some 3 weeks ago started on a plant based diet. Read lots of positives stuff

Re great benefits for the Heart. So? I too get the episodes. Being on my slow telease angina medication helps this. I will keep staying active, exercise as best i can and already having lost 3.5 kg from 90 kg to 86.5kg. I even started meditation. Something i always found a little hard to do. There are apps one can down load. All these things can not be bad for you but to help manage my condition. I suggest each and everyone should try also. To be actively involved alone with medication is the key i think.

The other choice is to sit back and relly just on medication alone. So try a plant based diet, meditate, exercise and take your medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.