Returning to work

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi!  I’m new here, and I’m 7 weeks post-op. Scheduled to see the doc next week (initially they had me scheduled to return to work after 6 weeks but doc gave me extension and I see him on the 9th). Basically I’m scheduled to return to work at 8 weeks. It was an abdominal hysterectomy and I still feel pain and don’t think my body is ready. Has anyone been granted more than 8 weeks before returning to work?

Thanks and hope everyone is well

God bless

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi I was off 12 weeks abdo hysterectomy doc says 12 to 14 weeks recovery had mines done in january past dont rush bk until your ready its major surgery and takes time to heal and oh I even returned on phased return xx
  • Posted

Hi, I had a full hysterectomy at the end of November last year due to having a very large fibroid (a whopping 4.5kg). I had 5 months off work but this was due to the wound reopening once the stitches were removed plus my job is quite physical with the possibility of lifting heavy dogs. My consultant wasn't happy with me returning to work prior to 5 months. I do still find some discomfort from time to time.

Listen to your body. You won't get any thanks for going back too early, especially if you don't feel ready to go back.

• Posted

Aawww thank you but I felt pretty amazing the day after my op and have done ever since. Life was unbearable before I had my op, I now have a new lease of life 😁

• Posted

Hi I had total hysterectomy in April like you first I was given 6 weeks but my doctor extended for another 6 week cause I still wasn't good then another 2 weeks so total of 14 weeks and I will be returning phased and light duties just remember everyone is different if you are not ready do not go back, you know your body and you do not want to set yourself back , go back when you are ready .

• Posted

Hi there, mine was also an abdominal surgery. I was 6 weeksnin when I went back I was not ready dr didn’t want to give me more time but I went with restrictions. Hope you feel better 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.