Returning to work and still having symptoms of Mono

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I was diagnosed August 6th with Mono and I'm still not feeling well enough to go back to work. I'm wondering at what point most of you here were able to go back to work???

I do very little activity and I have to lay down.  I sweat with minimal activity.  Still have night sweats and tingling in my hands and feet.  Also, exhaustion.

I'm supposed to return to work this week, but I'm not sure if I am physically ready.  My job is not strenuous, but does require a lot of focus and concentration and with my brain being still foggy I don't know if I should go back yet.

Thank You,

Leslie

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Leslie

Sorry to hear that you have this awful virus, it's such a horrible illness that just floors you in every way.

I was hit pretty hard with it late last year and as a result I took a full ten months off work. I have been back for three months now working three half days a week and seem to be managing it well.

I think this virus is not to be underestimated and if you can, take as much time off to recover. Everyone is different of course but I am really thankful that I listened to my body when it needed rest.

Wishing you a speedy recovery 

• Posted

Yes, it is absolutely awful!  Glad to hear that you are strong enough to get back to work!

• Posted

I would say give yourself a FULL month of feeling well before doing anything . From my last 6 months journey I’ve had a few good days and an ok week but then I crashed again so you really need to heal properly . You don’t want to go back have to go on leave again . 

I know personally just doing a few errands is taxing .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.