reversal shoulder replacement

Posted , 4 users are following.

69 year old. 3rd week since reversal shoulder surgery. All going well for me. doing the phrase 1 exercises 5 times a day and have reduced pain pills to 3 a day. i ice about 8 times a day. really happy i had done. my doctor is keeping me in phrase 1 for 6 weeks. i am showering, dressing and wearing immobilizer like a second skin. forgot to get a bra i could wear so my girls are out there, but who cares the pain i was suffering is gone.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My Sister had it done about 6 months ago and has never looked back. She had a RCR about 3 years ago perfect

I had surgery April 2017 and again June this year Struggling Saw Surgeon to have scan in 2 weeks I was warned that it might not be successful due to quality of bone abd the actual rotator cuff Lots of clicking and increase in pain Fingers crossed etc

Great news to hear you are doing so well

Sue

• Posted

i got great 6 weeks report. seem to have full range motion after my reverse shoulder replacement, but pt will have to really help me with getting my strength back. hopefully i will be like your sister. sorry your having problems

• Posted

I think its fantastic that you have full ROM at just 6 weeks. I am approaching 6 months and still dealing with ROM issues, pain and stiffness/weakness.

• Posted

That's awesome! I had my done year and half ago and I still can't move my arm over 50% . I'm not in any pain it just feels real stiff all the time! I have no strength in it and all I can do is just keep trying!

• Posted

i still seem to be doing well, but know i have a lot of work ahead. i am researching the rehabs in area as i hope i can start in 2 1/2 weeks. it blows my mind all the problems some are having. is your shoulder stiff all the time? have you tried working out in pool?

• Posted

well not sure how too reply to all who replied back to me but hope all gets this reply. i decided to attend meeting with my follow volunteers yesterday and it really wore me out. bathing,dressing as you all know is adventure in its self ha ha! my friend drove and i think she hit every bump in the road, but we made it. as most groups everyone wants to hug as we only meet everyone 3 months and i had to keep reminding everyone of my new shoulder.sure was happy i had immobilizer extra tight. the meeting lasted nearly 8 hours and was really surprised how much it zapped me. ended up wearing a 1/4 of my lunch, which was soup as main course. i am right handed so left hand scooped my lunch. finally ended up wearing a napkin tucked at neck. what a mess and bruised ego. i was so tired i was only able to do 1 full set of exercises and iced for several hours. so today i plan on doing just daily required amount and passing on trying to makeup for yesterday. sure wish i could take hot bath as water always makes stiffness easier to exercise but of course that hot bath is 3 long weeks away. i was wondering if normal to get so exhausted on first trip away from the safety of home.

• Posted

Update...week 10 has me with full range of movement after reverse shoulder replacement. pt now targeted on strength building.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.