Reversed Cervical Curve

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I am 26 and have been suffering for the past 6 months with neck pain, moderate to severe migraines, nausea, blurred vision, and feverish hot flashes that happen even at night. 

Before these issues I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel when I was 18 years old. Numbness, tingles and shooting pain down in my right pinky happen quite often but I have always brushed it off as just Carpul tunnel.

Five months ago, after having regular headaches every day (which I thought was just stress), I happened to have an X-ray done and found that I have a reversed Cervical curve neck. Now the doc didn’t act like it was that big of a deal and that with time and practice the symptoms would get better. But it’s been 5 months now and I am religious with my routine to correct this. I use to lift weights and body build but have now turned to yoga in the morning and light weight training in the evening with lots of stretching afterwards. Also, ihave been getting chiropractic care once a week along with acupuncture that seems to give me some relief from the pain for a short time. The inflammation supplements seem to help very little but I’m willing to do anything at this point.

I have always been active, work full time, trying to go back to school, and am a mother to a 4 year old. But everything I have done so far as done little to subside this nausea, pain, and discomfort. I can’t concentrate, i’m not as patient with my daughter, my anxiety is on the rise, and my work is lacking. I’m so tired of being in pain. Please help! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi molly, 

What pain medications have you been prescribed? Some pain killers work well for some and make no difference to others.

As you have a diagnosis and X rays confirming your problems your gp and medical support team should help you with the pain. Left untreated your pain will grind you down and anxiety and depression are bound to increase. 

Mike.

• Posted

Molly, I would suggest trying another chiropractor, I had to go through several to get help. There are some good YouTube videos for one to give you an idea, search for 'so cal chiropractor' and you can get a feel for how valuable having a good chiro can be. After seeing those videos, that prompted me to find another.

• Posted

Try to keep a good posture all day long, shoulders back and chest front, also exercises for ciphosis and lordosis. All the nerves that go to your hands travel trough cervical spine and you could have a problem there, not in the carpat tunnel. Natural antiinflamators like fish oil, turmeric, ginger, etc should be taken.
  • Posted

Hi Molly

I was diagnosed with a reverse cervical lordosis by an x-ray. I have had headaches the last 10 days and feel nauseous and I have been so stressed out that it's affecting my appetite. Did you ever find out anything? I also go to chiropractor. 

• Posted

Yes, I got a second opinion and found that yes I do have a reversed Cervical lordosis along with postural scoliosis. I have been referred to a physical therapist for rehab. As of now I know nothing else to help... unfortunately. I will let you know if I learnof anything else that could help! Stay strong! Your not alone in this pain. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.