Reviews and face to face assessments during Covid19

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well and keeping yourself safe during these very scary times!

I just wanted to make a quick thread because i'm sure at some point there will be questions regarding this.

During the pandemic all face to face assessments and appointments have been suspended for at least 3 months. If you already have an assessment date then the health assessment providers will contact you and you will either have a telephone assessment or a paper assessment will be completed where possible.

If your PIP award is due to end in the next few months, you will be contacted by DWP and your award will be extended so that you are not left without money during this most difficult time. This includes those who are expecting a review form in the next 3 months.

If you have received a work capability assessment form recently for ESA or Universal Credit and you haven't been contacted by either DWP or the health assessment advisory service then i'd advise you to ring them and ask what to do about returning the form. Lots of people could be in isolation for at least 12 weeks and some don't have anyone that could post this form back for them, so returning it could be extremely difficult for some people.

Take care everyone and please stay safe! xx

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Edited

hi denise you take care also. god bless yous ♥️♥️♥️🙏🙏🙏

• Edited

Everyone take care. Listen to Denise and any more questions I'm sure she'll help as we all will if we know the answers. Take care everyone.

• Edited

Thank you Denise!

At least that stops me seeing the dreaded DLA to PIP change form for another 3 months.

This virus is terrible, we have three vulnerable people living in our property.

However, my brother living in Croydon is actually infected. He cares for the elderly of all jobs. But when he phoned his employer after his doctor had told him to self-isolate - His works told him he must still work or he will not get paid!!! They even told him to wear a mask!!! What is wrong with people these days?

Some people are still acting like 18-yr-old's with an IQ of 45! It's disgusting.

Take care, the information is much appreciated.

• Posted

Hi SteV3,

That's disgusting! Your brother should definitely not be working. His employer should pay him SSP, unless he works a zero hour contract and then it will be different. If his employer still insists he works then he should report his employer to the police. He should NOT be going anywhere if he's got Covid19.

Take care and stay safe.

• Edited

that sounds about steve ,my hubby is in care work the same and im afraid these companies just think of staff as a number ,when one down they move onto another ... i bet he even doing extra shifts , it not delta care is it ? i agree he needs to stay at home and he will defo get payed ssp , thank you denise for bringing a little light into our lives and every one stay safe god bless x

• Posted

Hi Denise,

My brother ignored his employer regarding what they had told him, because he went by what is doctor had told him. Yes, he works on a zero hour contract, I'm not sure how he comes off with that. He's been with the same company for many years and that's how they treat him. It is disgusting, I agree with you, but society these days is terrible compared to what I remember it being like years ago!

Showing my age now! lol

• Posted

Hello Steve,

Oh dear, those zero hours contracts are very annoying. The reason why employers do that these days is because they know the employees have less rights.

As your brother is self isolating because he has Covid19 then if he's paid enough NI Contributions in the tax years April 2017 to March 2019 then he can claim New style ESA. Because of Covid19 the Government have said they will pay the ESA from day 1 instead of day 8. He will need an isolation note to claim this and he can get that by visiting NHS 111 online.

If he hasn't paid enough NI Contributions then he needs to look at claiming Universal Credit. Whether he's entitled to this will depend on his circumstances. Savings of more than £16,000 and he won't be entitled. If he lives with a partner that works then they will need to claim as a couple, whether they will be entitled to anything will depend on their income.

Age..... shhhh now lets not talk about that. My eldest daughter has had her first baby 9 days ago. My first Grandchild... a boy. Some good news in amongst everything going on right now. Do i feel old? Nooooo lol

• Posted

Hi Denise,

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated.

I'll have to let him know these details, I know some of them do not apply in his case.

He certainly does not have £16,000! His wife, well she left him years ago with no forwarding address! However, he does have a boy, over 18 in college. He was claiming PIP for him at one point because he has a form autism.

Grandchild, well at least you got one! lol, Congratulations! I have three grown up children, two boys and our youngest is a girl - none of them want children yet - they are all career-minded and all in managerial jobs. My eldest son even has his own body guards when he flies abroad. At the moment, only our two boys are still working. Due to the circumstances of their jobs.

Regards,

SteV3

• Edited

hi denise i send my esa form back about 6 weeks ago , ive not heard back and thanks for the information. take care .

• Edited

thanks denise

this will helpful for loads of people hope u keep well too x

• Posted

thanks denise

this will helpful for loads of people hope u keep well too x

• Posted

hi denise

i hope your safe and well?

thank you for your post and all the help your giving everyone .. hun my pip is due jan 2021 will this affect me in anyway . im not sure how it works now to pandemic of covid-19

thank you

kind regards

caroline

• Posted

Hello caroline,

Myself and my family are all safe and well, thank you.

Reviews normally take place 6 months before the award is due to end. As your forms are not due to be sent out until August time then i have no idea what situation we'll be in by then. I'm afraid you'll need to wait until nearer the time.

• Posted

hi denise i went for my face to face assesment and i have recieved my letter this morning to say ive been thrown off pip.They have stopped my money from the 22nd of april .I have been on pip for 3 years and i felt like my anxiety and mental health has got worse but i scored 0 points in everything is there anything i can do

• Posted

Hello Karen,

It would have been better to have started your own thread with this question. Asking questions on another persons thread causes a lot of confusion.

Your next step is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you have 1 month from the date of the decision to do this and it should be put in writing, stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Evidence should be sent with the letter to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Do be aware that because of current conditions then decision waiting times are most likely huge and longer than normal.

You won't receive any money while you wait for the decision, of course. Most MR decisions remain the same so you'll likely have to take it to Tribunal.

Do also be aware that with your PIP ending it could affect any other benefits you're currently claiming, including carers allowance, if someone is claiming this for looking after you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.