Revision surgery in three weeks.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I will have a partial revision of the tibial portion in three weeks. This will be the third surgery on that knee. I had tkr in 2010, a poly swap and clean out due to sepsis from a tiith abscess. I am nervous because the doctor said I would probably have shin pain for six months. I am a teacher and returned to the classroom just six wks. after the other two procedures; I even returned the second time with a pic line. Both times I started physical therapy as an outpatient one week after surgery. Any insight regarding revision surgery?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am 6 wks post tkr complete revision after a fall that caused severe anterior dislocation... I had no viable tendons, muscles etc left so the prosthesis I have is much more invasive into the femur and tibia which resulted in shin and thigh pain I didn't have the first time. The pain in my shin was worrisome, particularly in the the first 4 weeks or so but it has improved bit by bit, now it is still sometimes uncomfortable but much improved and only intermittently. Best of luck to you!!

• Posted

The fact that u were able to return to teaching so soon after the TKR shows that u are fit and healthy to cope with surgery of this kind. I hope it will be the same for you this time.

I am 7 months post op from having TKR and there is no way I can return to work.

I am in constant pain which gives me sleepless nights hence writing this to u when I should be asleep instead of waiting for an ice pack to kick in and relieve some of the pain.

My walking is shocking. My balance is all over the place . 🏷I've had2 falls -

Anyway put your trust in God which Is what. I should be doing x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.