Revitive

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone has tried the circulation booster called Revitive, I have very poor circulation and tempted to buy one of these. They are meant to be good for arthritis and also good with the recovery of hip replacement and knee replacement, my legs still swell and its almost 9 weeks since I had my surgery, its also supposed to be good for swollen legs or feet. They are not cheap depending on what type or where you buy, so thought I would see if anyone else has tried this. The write up on these machines are very good but it would be interesting to find out if anyone else has used one thank you in advance Cyndey

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi I've had one of these for 8/9 years was using it long before my op and continued to use it after its done me no harm.

• Posted

I have had one for a long time. I don't know the make. I have had it at least ten years. I lost the zapper for it for a while so could not use it. I have found it again now. It did not really help my swollen feet and legs but I loved the feel.

• Posted

that's why i use it so relaxing and as i said doesn't seem to have done any harm.

• Posted

I will give it a try, my friend has one and is going to let me use it for a few days. I hope it helps me thanks for your comment Cyndey

• Posted

hope it helps with your recovery. Dawron

• Posted

hi cyndey,

i bought a revitive for my wife a few years ago now. sally used it for 3 or 4 days straight , now i see it sitting on the top shelf in the walk in. When i asked how did it go, only reply was no difference, but you can feel it working the muscles though, contracting etc. My experience with it was not so good, i could only handle the machine set on about the 15 mark setting, for 30 minutes. It does put a current through your legs that's for sure up to the calves, my mistake was i used it twice in a row, one set of 30 mins than again for another 30. It actually burnt the bottom of my feet an was in pain for a week later with a burnt feeling on the soles of my feet. My other idea was to place the pads they come with on my thigh to stimulate the quads etc after my thr. Only upon research an reading the manual it says do not put an electrical current anywhere near a metal implant as the current will go straight to it resulting in a bigger shock than expected. Clean soles of your feet is essential for good connectivity. I can,t see any harm in them if used correctly. Only advice is to try it an use it as directed an to use it continually to see if you get any results for yourself. Anything is worth ago if it helps relieve swelling or poor circulation . Hoping it works for you, all the best.

• Posted

Thank you for your response the fact it doesnt get used reminds me of a couple of things I have bought in the past eg fitness items and a tens machine, I guess if you were to see immediate results this wouldnt happen. My friend is going to let me try his for a few days so will see how it goes thanks again Cyndey

• Posted

Good idea borrowing one, as you say otherwise it could join the waffle maker, spiraliser, mini oven etc etc!!

• Posted

i dont have what your talking about, however for both hips and knee surgeries i used a air compression leg wraps battery operated. . worn 3-4 times a day helped after surgeries. kept my legs from swelling and hurting. they are similar to what the hospital uses after surgery ,but are affordable for home use. see amazon...

• Posted

I had them in hospital and they caused a huge blister. I had to have an operation three weeks after my hip op as it became infected.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.