Rezum, 2 weeks and 2 days out: Bloody ejaculation

Posted , 6 users are following.

After a rough couple weeks which included Foley Cath and a lot of self-cath... I may be turning the corner as my urine stream is at about 80% of what it was pre-procedure, as of today. I am on celebrex 200mg to control the swelling as of yesterday so that might be helping as well.

On thing I am worried about is that I am ejaculating what looks like whole blood. I cannot see any semen in there at all... Has anyone had this side effect? I realize im only 2+ weeks out, and that is very early. Just curious if any of you had this, and if so... at what point did it begin to resolve?

Thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had mine 09/17/19 and first ejaculate was 4 weeks later as I was instructed no sexual activity for 4 weeks. first time it was very bloody.

• Edited

Kevin881: Hard to believe you are actually ejaculating at this early point in your recovery. Did your doctor advise that you do that this early? Just curious. I suppose you should be happy that you are ejaculating at all because some have reported that they have retrograde ejaculation after the procedure. And, yes, thick bloody semen is definitely normal, especially at this early stage. It could take weeks before you don't see any blood at all. Frankly, I would not recommend orgasm at this early stage. Ask your doctor of course but it seems that might be aggravating the prostate and keeping the swelling from going down. I'd like to know what your doctor says about that.

• Posted

Of course I would not have done that without getting permission from my doctor first.

after the first time it happened, I saw him and asked if I was doing any damage that I could keep it up... he generally didnt have any idea how long the blood would keep coming... "everyone is different" he said....

• Posted

Currently 15 days out, isn't too bad. My doctor also advised 4-5 weeks, so don't know yet, but I am a bit surprised your doctor said 2 weeks (I have seen some clinics that say 2 weeks, others go to 8 weeks, so 4 weeks seems reasonable)

• Edited

currently back in a Foley after a "false passage" prevented me from self-cath. Apparently the self-cathing wore a hole in my tender prostate and the cath was getting "hung up" on that wound. Foley comes out on Thursday and Ill update.

Does anyone who had Rezum have a timeline for when they stopped ejaculating blood?

• Edited

I stopped having blood in my ejaculate 44 days after my Rezum procedure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.