ReZum

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am considering ReZum treatment for advanced BPH.  Please share your experience with the procedure with me. Thanks 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I had Resume surgery June 18 of this yr. Got not good results from it. I still pee, every 1 to 1.5hrs. And if I drink beer it's worse. Like 30 to 45 min. I have to pee. So I found it to be a WASTE OF TIME!!!!

• Posted

thomas,

what state did you have it done?

how large was your prostate?

did you have a large median lobe?

how many steam shots did you get?

• Posted

Dr told me i had a VERY LARGE prostate. And he shot me 6 times. But it has helped me at all. A BIG WASTE OF TIME!!!
  • Posted

I’m interested too in the response, but wondering if only people with issues monitor this site. 
    • Posted

There are a number of people on the site that have had success with Rezum. 

I decided to have it done and am scheduling for next month.

• Posted

What state are you in.  I’m in Massachusetts.  How did you select the urologist to perform the surgery.  The one I am talking to has one year of experience with Rezum.  Castle Connolly is a good qualifier of  physicians.   
    • Posted

My urologist only has done 2 so I started looking. It wasn’t easy. I called a few and went and did a consultation. I also got to talk with a former patient who was a doctor and his went well. Hopefully mine will go well also.
    • Posted

Im in Ohio. My dr has done like 10 of these surgery and I'm the second or third that has had alot odd major problems. It has done S**T for me.

• Posted

Do you trust your uro? Do you feel his genuine interest in you as a person? Do you feel he really wants the best for you? If you can answer yes 3 times, do it! I had surgery almost a year ago and doing very well (PAE and Rezum). All works perfectly well.
    • Posted

emil,

my uro is amazing. however for a procedure like this, i'd prefer someone that has done many of these rather than being the 3rd.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.