ReZum

Posted , 10 users are following.

i am having the REZUM Procedure on friday. I understand that 4 days with a catheter is required. any advise on how to minimize discomfort?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I second the recommendation about learning to self-cath and having some available. It isn't difficult when done properly and sure beats a trip to the ER. (been there done that too!).

• Posted

No advice but I wanted to take a moment to wish you good luck. Please be sure to let us know how it went. Best Wishes.....

• Posted

thanks for all the support. it was not too bad but they found some scaring which made the procedure more difficult. there was some pain i would say 3 on a scale of 10. i had the catheter inserted which should be removed on tuesday. there was some bleeding from

my penis but it seems to have subsided. it does hurt when i pee but it is ok .

• Posted

Aaron,

I hope all continues to go well for you. When you get the Foley catheter removed on Tuesday, don't expect to have the full flow immediately. It actually takes several days, perhaps a couple of weeks, for the swelling in the prostate to go down. And after the swelling goes down, then the good part starts happening. When your body starts to remove the dead cells in the prostate, and it starts to shrink, the pressure on the urethra will lighten up and the flow will improve. Hang in there.

• Posted

thanks Ken

catheter real pain. cant wait to have it removed on tuesday

• Posted

had the catheter removed today. nice to have it out of there but it is still bleeding. my doctor told me that there was scaring from previous diagnostic tests urodyamic study and cystoscope . beware every procedure even diagnostic ones carry risks. i may need surgery to correct scaring.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.