Rezum

Posted , 15 users are following.

I am scheduled for Rezum 5/21. My prostate is about 30-35 cc. The doctor wants to do 4 injections. He said that was the minimum number of injections in the clinical trials for the procedure and if he does any less it may compromise the results. I spoke to another doctor who has done about 270 Rezums from Texas and he said he has deployed less than 4 injections depending on the anatomy. My doctor says sometimes the anatomy one sees during cystoscopy may not correspond to the physiology of obstruction. I have no median lobe. My current doctor has done more that 100 and he is a professor of urology. I am concerned because my prostate is not that large and 4 injections may cook too much of the the prostate leading to more complications like RE/ED. I cannot tolerate meds. I am 62 and wake up about 3 times a night. Stream is slow but no residual. I have urgency during the day. Any input will be appreciated.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.