REZUM done on 6-30-17 and after 9 weeks today 8-31-17

Posted , 9 users are following.

I as a patient would like to share my experience of REZUM, I have the following:

1. Can't pee for the first 3 weeks, and the 4th week, pee with all effort and only has around 25cc each trip

2. After 30 days, suddenly got improvement, has 50cc to 100cc each trip better than before REZUM and I had 2 Flomax + 1 Proscar every day

3. The 6th week, much better, at least 150cc each trip

4. The 7th week, stop all medication and so far so good

5. Try 3 days after not took any pill, good with No Retro

6. My suggestion, you can stand with at least 3 weeks with catheter with you and not working, try REZUM, not bad

7. 9th week, I have around 200cc each trip, well, I believed to consider normal, should have at least 300cc each trip, hopefully after the 13th weeks, I will have this outcome.

8. Thank you and good luck to all of you who has BPH

9. My REZUM was done in Newport beach, Ca

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That aligns  with most of my patients' reviews. 

The good news is, things usually improve for the first six months, so you may be even happier in a few months.

My practice has started to use Spanner Stents  after the rezum procedure  and leaving it in place for three weeks -  this is a small stent that lays over the prostatic urethra  (internally) and allows patients to urinate normally without a catheter. This has helped a lot of folks who wanted the procedure but didn't necessarily want a catheter afterwards.

• Posted

Wow, that sounds excellent and do you need to remove that spanner Stents after 3 weeks?
    • Posted

Yes. A small string sits at the urethra. It is pulled and the stent falls out.

The stent still causes some irritation, so it's not perfect, but it's helped a lot of men avoid a catheter 

• Posted

Thank you Doctor, another question, with the Stents and if without a bag, how to pee?
    • Posted

Right through your urethra, as normal.

The stent is completely on the inside but ends before your urinary sphincter, so you still have control.

• Posted

The stent is probably better (wish I had one after my Rezum) but self cathing was my choice and it wasn't awesome but WAY better than a Foley for weeks

• Posted

Is there a stent-like catheter that men can use to test for urethra obstruction, without entering the bladder ? Thanks. Hank
    • Posted

Hi Dr Jersey,

Where can i find a URO that does the stent procedure ? Would this stent tell if my problem is the enlarged prostate .or the bladder?

Thanks ver much DR.

frank,

• Posted

It could potentially differentiate this if urodynamics were equivocal.

The stent is called a Spanner by SRS Medical; if you go to the website, they should be able to locate a doctor for you

• Posted

DR Jersey Urology Gr

Take you for your reply. Ihad the urodynamics test, and could not pee.Dr? If a PSA says 6.8,then one year later 5.2.Does this mean the prostate has decreased in size? I'm 88 years alive, i have an enlarged prostate,size 74CC--is this a really large prostate?Do you think i'm to old for surgery?

thanks very much DR,

frank

• Posted

Hi Morris, Thanks for you report on rezum. I have a question Did you have complete urine retention? No natural void?

I'm having that problem? 

thanks

frank

• Posted

You mean before REZUM? So far so good and before REZUM? by the way, what do you mean by complete urine retention?
    • Posted

Hi Morris, What i meant by complete urine retention is not being able to have a natural void. I have complete retention,don't know if rezum would work for me. Did you have other procedures  also?Did you do the urodynamics test and cystoscopy before you did the rezum?I was told Uro Lift would not work for me, maybe Rezum would? 

Thanks for all this info.

frank,

• Posted

Yes I have both urodynamics test and cystoscopy done in the office and I don't have natural void.

I think Doctor can give you good advice on yes or no for REZUM, but Euro Lift was told not very good product, REZUM better, I think.

• Posted

Hi Morris, Thanks for all that info,i really appreciate  it. Did you have the Rezum done?How is it working for you?

Thanks very much

frank,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.