REZUM PAIN

Posted , 5 users are following.

Aside from the pain during the procedure, the pain (discomfort of cath.) and pain during urination - is there pain otherwise??? Thinking about the Rezum procedure. This is a great source of info; thanks to all.

?Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

No, not really. I was sore for about 8 hours after the procedure but I think a lot of that was from driving home over a seemingly endless number of potholes with a foley that pulled everytime I went over one. I took the foley out after a few hours at home, the pain disappeared a few hours after that and never came back. I burned a fair amount for a week or so when I started peeing but pyridium helped quite a bit and it wasn't unbearable. I recommend being out, or as close as you can get to it during the procedure. The pain bursts were quick, but pretty intense and my life wasn't enhanced in any way by being wide awake for them.

• Posted

I just had the Rezum procedure done 5/26/2017. I feel great; no pain at all. I was just hitting golf balls with my daughter. I think I'll post details of my experience thus far. 

Briefly, I received seven 9 second treatments. Only two or three of these were significantly painful. Was taught to self-cath in the office; only had to do this once on my own at home. Have been able to void naturally since. Urination pain was experienced the day of the procedure only. The only real soreness/discomfort was felt the day of the procedure and it was minimal.

I realize that there are a variety of experiences with Rezum and that thus far I seem to be way on the good side. I hope that this continues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.