Rezume done 3 months ago, are there side effects?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had Rezume Procedure done 3 months ago. The positive is that my frequency issue has gotten much better. Now I only need to get up at night to urinate every four hours instead of every two hours.

The negative, I have this constant urge to urinate (especially after just voiding) especially if I am walking or cycling. It is almost like it is really tender near the bladder opening to the uretha. Does anyone have a clue what might be going on?

Thanks!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm considering Rezume after an unsuccessful Urolift and was wondering if you've had any issues with ED or any continence issues other than the frequency. Supposedly there shouldn't be any. Also, do you have any retrograde ejaculation from the procedure, I've read it's around a 10% chance. The Urologist I saw said his advertised RE rate is 6%.

Did you have to do any self-catheterization after the foley was removed while you were healing?

Thanks.

• Posted

Good morning.

Urologist will always tell you less. I have one of the pamphlet from the company. In it there is nothing that said one word about Retro. About a year ago there was a guy on here that he was told by one of the nurses that someone from the company said that it is a lot more then what they want to say. Retro is about 10 to 15 %

Also you said you had a unsuccessful Urolift. Did they find out way and what test did you have. Maybe they did not put in enough clips. Or maybe the prostate was not the problem.I have 4 clip and I am going on 4 years still wide open.

Good luck with what you do. Let me leave you with this. A Urologist can give you every test they can think of. But if they cannot find anything they will assume that the problem is the prostate. Some men have found out the hard way after they had the prostate cut out. Still have the problem

Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.