RFA experience for neuropathy pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I saw Radio Frequenct Ablation mentioned here for neuropathy pain.  I get it done evey year for my lumbar.  I never knew it could be effective for the neuropathy.  The reason being is that my spine doc (RFA doc ) is the one who gave me the dx. in the first place.  I'm surprised he didn't suggest it for my leg pain.  I was wonderinng if that particular pain has to be really severe before the procedure can be used (Medicare approved) for that type of pain.  I would also like to hear some stories from those of you that have taken this route.  I think I only read here where one person had mentioned this.  Thank you.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had epidural blocks and it did nothing my doc said RFI will not as well. It can make it worse if u happen to hit a wrong nerve not targeted. I wouldn't do it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.