Rheumatiod arthirtis

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been diognosed with rheumatiod arthiris been given hydroxy chloroquine and methotrexate, since taking this medication have been suffering with sickness upset stomach and feeling unwell has anyone else had this while on the meds any info would be welcome

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Methotrexate often causes stomach problems and nausea and it is very common for it to cause a sort of flu-ey feeling the couple of days after taking it. The sickness part can often be helped by using methotrexate injections instead of tablets so do tell your doctor and ask for advice from them.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply I wI'll talk to my doctor, i am also going to look into natural remidies x

• Posted

Hi. I've been on both methotrexate and hydroxycholoquine, since last year. At the start I had methotrexate orally now I have an injector. A little better bt still get the aches and feel hung over the next day. Thought of taking methotrexate makes me I'll, on top of this am due to biologics nxt wk. Just hoping I don't have to take methotrexate anymore. Wish u luck

• Posted

Hi just seen you are starting on biologics next week. I started on one 4 weeks back. I am hoping for great resultssmile. I am told I need to keep on the metho tho as they work better together. It would be great to drop meths tho!

• Posted

I hope I get great results, and hey no more methotrexate, bt I think am dreaming with that happening☺ I am going to have certolizumab pegol (cimzia) injections.

Take care

• Posted

How many metho's did you start out with?  I did three first week, 4 second week, 5 the third week and then 6 every week after.

• Posted

I have been started on 6 for 2 weeks then going up to 8 on qek 3 I'm dreading it I hsve felt so ill off them I don't know if I should stop them never felt this ill ????

• Posted

Are the injections better than the meds as in do they make you feel do unwell ?
    • Posted

Are you saying you feel bad on methotrexate or were were worse before it? Either way I was started exactly like you and then progressed to injections. I can't honestly say it has made me feel that bad. Slight nausea and headaches etc. I was getting great results on it until recently when it just stopped working. Now progressed (?) to biological drug. Its all a game we have to play I guess! Breath in, breath out and carry on!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.