Rheumatoid Arthritis

Posted , 7 users are following.

So i had labs tested high in these rheumotoid arthitis going to a rheumotologist next week joints swell and hurt get really red and warm but i also have bad constipation is that a common symptom for RA plus dry eyes and mouth?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you are on codiene or opiod painkillers they are terrible for constipation, cause it in my case. 

For me a cup of orange juice works wonders, also prune juice, if a little toooo fast for comfort.

Pear juice gentler, found the hospital also gave you pear juice after hip replacement surgery. Yummmm.

Drink lots of fluid, tea, coffee, water, watch for sugar content, you can learn to drink non-sugared but takes a little time, had to teach myself not to add sugar to everything.

• Posted

Hi regina, try taking a probiotic daily, or keffir (fermrnted yoghurt) i had dry ,outh and eyes at first but not any longer. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.