Rheumatoid Arthritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Help my doctor is referring me to a rheumatology clinic for rheumatoid arthritis, not entirely sure if I have it need advice please

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Kezza,

    our doctor is doing absolutely the right thing by referring you to a Rheumatologist, they will do all the tests necessary to find out for sure and then work with you for a plan of action.  Good luck

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    It isn't your job to decide whether YOU have RA or not - you don't have the training and access to tests. Nor does your GP. You obviously have signs and symptoms of some form of autoimmune joint or rheumatic disorder - there are many with overlapping symptoms. The rheumatologist is the person trained to work out which is which. I don't have RA - but I do have a disorder that is diagnosed by rheumatologists.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Sounds like your doctor has made the right decision. These things can take a long time to diagnose and get the correct treatment. The sooner you can see a consultant the sooner your symptoms can be diagnosed and treated. I hope you get your appointment through soon. 


    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up