Rheumatoid arthritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

iwas diagnosed with R A last February was started on steroids which relieved some of the pain.

then I tried methotrexate tablets got where my stomach couldn't tolerate them put on methotrexate injections and benipali injections steroids folic acid some gastro tablets and vita tablets. life is quite sweet at the moment. I've had my ups and downs and she'd tears from the pain. don't give up .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Firstly I have to say how brave you are having these injections. Unfortunately when it comes to injections I am a very big coward-its on my records apparently that I am needlephobic. When I was young & had to keep making appointments for blood tests I just let it go by & never made them

Now theyve all come round to haunt me & every so often I have to have blood tests because I am on medication or to go & have tests for sugar/cholestrol etc I ashamedly have to have mum in with me -my music on my ears & facing her & we have a distraction conversation to stop me thinking about it & emla cream

From reading you post -I think Id like to wish you positivity & hope you manage to continue to be as comfortable as possible with it. I found just putting max strength volterol helped me -(actually I have osteoarthritis)

• Posted

hi I wish you all the best.

I don't like injections either but it's either pain and swelling or pain free.

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.