Rheumatoid Arthritis DSP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. Have had RA for 10 months and been on mtx injection for 3 months now. Has anyone got red dots on their skin from it? And its not even helping with pain. Also on plaquenil daily.

Also, im struggling with work and paying bills with this condition. I have applied for Disability support Pension and they have declined twice now. Because its not fully treated. But i dont know what this means. If one med doesnt work they put you some other stuff that has a billion side effects. Nothings helping.

Has anyone got stories to share. I need money and a new body. I swear th r u just look at me and think "oh shes 20 she just doesnt wanna work". Which is bull. Who wants to be in pain 24/7 and live off DSP. Not me, i want a mansion and 12 dogs. Ima need more cash then that 😎😎

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well I think you can say goodbye to the mansion and maybe cut down to one or two dogs, the thing is, your life will never be the same.   All the RA meds have a list of side effects as long as your arm and all are pretty much the same.   That's not to say you will suffer any, I've tried MTX, Hydroxychloroquine, sulfasalazine, leflunomide, cimzia, actemra and a few others I can't think of - all to no avail I might ad, the most serious side effects so far have been diarhrea and a little nausea from actemra.   None of the others had any side effects for me.   Buy lotto tickets....

• Posted

I am so sorry ebony it is a very unfair and disabling disease but mtx does take three months at least to work. That's the bummer with this is the wait to see if the medication works in which time you can't work , it's so depressing. There are new medications all the time don't give up. I was lucky enough to find relief from actemra I am very grateful, I hope you get some relief soon.

• Posted

sorry you have not found any relief from the medications tried as yet.  So frustrating!

Are the red dots on  your skin all over your body or just near the injection site--if all over you should check with your doc or nurse to see if you should continue with the MTX    Just my thought but it might be nothing at all

The mansion requires too much housework, UGH  : )     We had a golden retreiver who I used to walk 2x day--loved him dearly.  He passed away but I know I could never walk him now with my hands and shoulders

Hang in there --let the doc know you have no relief of pain as yet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.