Rheumatoid Arthritis (help)

Posted , 4 users are following.

It first started a few years back in my fingers and toes, my hands and feet are always cold, then about 8 weeks ago I was getting a sharp intense pain in just my left knee then it would ache for a while, then it started in both knees,then my toes, fingers, elbows and neck, giving me headaches.I don't get and warmth or swelling so am doubting this.on bad days I have trouble with the stairs and gripping the steering wheel in my car. I have had blood tests which shown nothing as well as the knee x ray. My doctor is now referring me to a rheumatologist. does anyone relate to this please. I'm constantly tired and suffer fatigue most of time. please help. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kezza, it looks as if you have posted twice, I replied to your other post smile
  • Posted

Hi Kezza,

There are many different types of rheumatoid conditions not just RA so your GP does right sending you to see a rheumatologist, I can relate to your symptoms and I have palindromic RA and Fibromyalgia 

Good luck 

L.

• Posted

Aww thank you for taking your time to reply Linda, Sorry you suffer also xx

• Posted

You are welcome Kezza,

Try not to worry that will only make things worse, I know that's easy to say when you are probably feeling awful, but seeing the Rheumatologist is the right thing to do as he will do relevant tests to get to a diagnosis, As I have already said there are many Rheumo conditions, 

let us know how you go on.

L x

• Posted

Thank you for replying Linda appointment is on Thursday so fingers crossed xx
  • Posted

Sounds a lot like my intro to RA. I noticed that after sitting for a few minutes, the soles of my feet would hurt a lot for the first dozen or two steps. My foot doctor could not figure out what was going on. He sent me to therapy and made orthotics. Then a couple of years later, the large knuckles on both hands started hurting like hell. Went to my GP that day, he sent me to an RA doc, again on the very same day. He diagnosed me immediately as I was showing other symptoms as well. That was 16 years ago and I still go to the same RA doc. I was lucky in that I got a really topnotch rheumatologist. Warmth and swelling as well as deep fatigue were all part of my gig. Gripping the steering wheel also was tough for me. (Are you sure we are not twins?) Anyway, it took the better part of two years for things to calm down and to get my med doses right. Also, about once a year I have a flareup that is bad enough that I do a short burst of prednisone. Bless that stuff! The short burst is for about ten days and is usually long enough to knock the flareup out. He has me on plaquenil and methotrexate. I have had NO side effects from either drug. Don't get nervous about taking your meds, even though you may read others on this site that have had side effects. They are a very small minority. For most of us, the drugs are a godsend.

Sorry you are feeling ill. Good luck to you.

Tim

• Posted

Hey thanks for your reply. I have my appointment on Thursday so hopefully get some response then, how are you feeling now ?x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.