Rheumatoid arthritis injections

Posted , 4 users are following.

Concerning benepali injections.I too am experiencing difficulty in the  fluid going into the skin. It seems a lot comes after the removal of the pen. Is this what should happen? Comments very welcome.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was advised by the nurse to keep the pen in place after the click and count slowly to 15 before moving the pen, to make sure, I count to 20 and have had no sign of any liquid on surface of the skin.
  • Posted

Hi Rosie, like Chris I was advised to count  (though to 14 in my case!) after the click.  I have sometimes noticed a tiny but insignificant drop after removing the pen.  Why don't you contact your nurse or company to check your technique ? Good luck, Carol x

• Posted

Hi Rosie, this happened to me, I had been using Benepali for a few months with no problems and then one week, I did it as usual and a lot of fluid came out. The following week it did the same. I reported it to the company as it advises you to do so and there is a telephone number to do so in the brochure I was given. I had to give the batch number on the syringe. A nurse came out to check I was doing the injections properly, I was and they said it must have been a faulty syringes and it was recorded. Annoying as you haven't received the correct dose. I was told missing 1 dose would be okay, but not more than that.  Iv found the easiest place to inject is in my stomach. I used to do it in my leg, but more painful. I was told to count to 15 but I always do 20 to be on the safe side. Hope this helps. Hope the next 1 you inject is okay. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.