Rheumatoid arthritis of the foot.

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's been 4 months since I had ankle surgery gone wrong. At one point in October, I had an accident at home, the x-rays done showed a mess in my foot, totally unrelated to the surgery.

Now I can barely walk I'm in agony. I have diffuse osteopena(SP), and rheumatoid arthritis. The arthritis diagnosis will be confirmed when I see a rheumatologist in February.

They say walking is good for arthritis, but walking makes it worse.

Any pain relief ideas besides medications?

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Soot Kristina, ankle pain can be relentless. Ifind and keeping get up. Also water bottle frozen. I have Psoriatic arthritis in my toes and OA. 

i injured my ankle years ago when my horse fell on me and my ankle was a mess. The bones had been fused in the 70's now I constantly fight swelling and pain due to advancement of OA. 

I have have worn spring shoes and discovered great arches and soft moleskin padding to add to my shoes. All takes the pressure of my foot and I can walk much better. Antiinflamatories helps so much is a RX from the doc.

Hopexxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.