Rheumatoid arthritis pain?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am waiting on a rheumatology appointment (which has a 15 month waiting list) my bloods have shown signs of rh got results March 2016 since then I have been battling on and off pain. My doctor keeps giving me different advice - one is to pay private and speed the diagnosis up. That is a luxury I can't afford. I am currently taking robaxin and cocodomal which aren't taking the pain away. I try and mix them with ibuprofen but I have a stomach problem so have to be careful. On my last gp appointment he told me I needed to lose 3 stone which I agree with but it dosent take this pain away now. I work in a job helping the elderly which I am so worried about losing. I just want a diagnosis and effective treatment but I don't know what to do at this stage. Any advice ???

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Julie

I would go to A & E and you might get to see a rheumy quicker. That is how I did it but I went because I was in agony as I didn't know I had the arthritis then and they diagnosed it

• Posted

I would imagine that a lot of joint damage can occur while you wait 15 months!! Is there any way your doctor can get you into the rheumatologist sooner??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.