Rheumatoid factor blood test

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. Can anyone (in UK) tell me how long it should take to get blood test results for rheumatoid factor? I had blood test for ANA and rheumatoid factor nearly three weeks ago and the results have not returned. Nobody told me it would take a long time so I don't know if this is normal or if they are lost.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi the CRP one can take a bit longer for RA but that is too long. I would phone the gp 
  • Posted

Really depends on where you had the test as they vary so much.  Mine came back within 3 days on the first one and about the same time for the follow-up ones.
  • Posted

knowing leicester hospital  dosent surprize me 

i would leave it another week 

make appoinment with your gp 

and ask him how long .they may have got lost .

its a question i always ask when i have the test done 

if you have anymore done ask the person taking it 

how long before the results .

• Posted

I had my bloods taken this morning.  Before my appointment I asked my GP and was told the results would take ten days and I should call in then.  This morning after they were taken I asked a different GP and they said call in for the results in two days.  I know this isn't particularly helpful, but illustrates you get told lots of diff things, so might be worth a call in to chase things up perhaps x
  • Posted

Hi, my original blood test with my GP took weeks, about a couple of months. You may have to chase them up.

Regards

Nadine

• Posted

Thanks for all your advice and support. I called the surgery today and they were spectacularly unhelpful! They actually asked "Did you definitely have them done?". Kid you not.

Anyway, they said they would chase them up with the hospital but didn't seem too concerned - as if this happens every day.

However, I called a week ago because I didn't have the access codes for my online records (they want you to look up stuff like test results online to free up their phone lines, understandably). I had 10 blood tests done at the same time. The person on the phone said "all the results were fine".

It was only because I finally got access to the online records that I noticed there were two results missing (two from the same vial).

This makes me wonder - if I hadn't seen the results (this online service was only introduced a couple of months ago) then I would never have known about the missing results. It seems incredible that they wouldn't have a system that flagged up when a test had been ordered but no result had been received.

I know they do an amazing job and I am not scared of the results but I am still really anxious waiting for them! Particularly as I have been in a lot of pain today - I just want some answers.

x

• Posted

p.s. I should add that all the other results were NOT fine as they showed I am anaemic.
  • Posted

I would have thought 2 weeks is easily enough time between the blood being taken and the results back with your GP. For me, any delay has only ever been in getting a GP's appointment which takes longer than anything!

We don't have the online option for getting results where I live - sounds interesting! But no good for older people who don't use the internet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.