Rheumatologist appt. tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just want to get as much as I can out of this appointment. I had to wait for 5 months to get in to see a rheumatologist. My primary doc is sending me due to a highly positive ANA titre. This can be indicative of many different things. I have had CFS for years, and I am going to ask for more thorough thyroid testing, for Hashimotos, and have written down as much of my health history as I can. I just am praying that if I can give them enough info the Doctor might have an "AHA" moment and give me some answers. So everyone, send good wishes my way, on. I should have posted this earlier as it is almost 8 pm Monday, my time and most of you are in bed. A Day late and a dollar short, as usual😉

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

best of luck! would you keep me posted if your rheumatologist discovers you have MGUS or the bence-jones protein? perhaps inquire for him/her to check for these 2 things. my rheumatologist found both in my lab work. multiple myeloma has been ruled out and supposedly these 2 red flags aren't connected to my fatigue issues, but i suspect otherwise...  ~katrina
    • Posted

Thanks, will do! Did you have positive ANA? If you don't mind or pm me
  • Posted

i tested normal on my ANA... just low vitamin D (optimal level is 60 to 80) and the other two i mentioned. since regularly taking D3 (2,000 IU a day), after about a month, the frequency of my headaches decreased significantly. however, my post exertional malaise seems to be getting worse...
    • Posted

I think the high dose D has helped my headaches too. Thanks for the info

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.